2021, My Year in ASL Hahas and Other Revelations

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Since retrospectives of 2021 seem to be poplar right now I saw this as an excellent way to regurgitate some of my favorite hahas and revelations from 2021.
Undoubtedly will come up with plenty but will start here.

The ASL Word of the Day provided a lot of hahas for me. This is one of my favorites.

Tincantankerous. Lol I still get a chuckle from that one.🤣

As always with my silly threads feel free to recount your favourites, be it mine, yours or anothers.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Since retrospectives of 2021 seem to be poplar right now I saw this as an excellent way to regurgitate some of my favorite hahas and revelations from 2021.
Undoubtedly will come up with plenty but will start here.

The ASL Word of the Day provided a lot of hahas for me. This is one of my favorites.

Tincantankerous. Lol I still get a chuckle from that one.🤣

As always with my silly threads feel free to recount your favourites, be it mine, yours or anothers.
Post #58 in the ASL Word of the Day. Still too OMOOT to provide a link.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Also was really intrigued with the response to Today In ASL History where I put the results of playing Agony of Doom that day and the Germans getting the Balance because we both wanted to play the Russians.

I'm quite orthodox about A 26.4.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Backgammon Grenade in the Improbable Weapons You've Never Heard Of thread. Funny and with a vaque tribute to Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Backgammon Grenade in the Improbable Weapons You've Never Heard Of thread. Funny and with a vaque tribute to Ripley's Believe It Or Not.
You mean the "Gammon Bomb" and/or its predecessor the "Sticky Bomb"?

I dimly remember even playing an ASL scenario in which these appeared per SSR a number of years ago.
Can't remember the name of it, though. Nor has any prominent success of these "stuck" in my memory.

Today, the "Sticky Bomb" would be suitable to grow a suitable branch in that particuclar thread... Knocking on wood...

von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Von Maritz: The scenario is either "Six came back" or "Surrender or Die" - Anzio, 1944. No access to my scenario binders to confirm which one.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Dice Tower of London in the Today In ASL History thread was a favorite of mine. A nice combination of Advanced Cohort Leader, ACLOk, and a serendipitous tribute to my buddy.
William the Conqueror, known to his gaming buddies as Bill the C.

Today In ASL History is the hardest of my nonsensical threads to write for. A lot of bovine feces with a little bit of " fact ".😉

The Whacko Storage System was also a good one, actually filled with more fact than feces. Very unusual for me!

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
The Dice Tower of London in the Today In ASL History thread was a favorite of mine. A nice combination of Advanced Cohort Leader, ACLOk, and a serendipitous tribute to my buddy.
William the Conqueror, known to his gaming buddies as Bill the C.

Today In ASL History is the hardest of my nonsensical threads to write for. A lot of bovine feces with a little bit of " fact ".😉

The Whacko Storage System was also a good one, actually filled with more fact than feces. Very unusual for me!
I only called him Bill very, very early on . It was call me Fish.🤗