Not open for further replies.

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
'2020 points over 100 000 USA vs Ge/Ca AAR

Hello.
Dan vs Danstudentvcc.
MBT combat. Meeting Engagement. Over 100 000 points apiece.
Choppers coming out of our ears.
Dan's custom Berlin map.

Promises to be a real dinger of a matchup.

Presently both opponents are trading files to setup their forces and reinforcements before commencing with play.

danstudentvcc

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now your talking.

The one thing I realy enjoy are large games. I think in a game like this you can have multiple offensives going as well as a hec of a lot of fun. I think attack Heliocopters are absolutley deadly and no force is complete without them. I think with arty. it is not such a big factor in such a mobile battle, you just don't know where your enemy realy is. I have always thought Urban warfare is kind of the funnest and most deadliest, That is why I think the map of berlin is well suited to such a game as this. I hope with a game like this the best player will win. I like the idea to raise the infantry toughness a little bit 120-150% It would make the infantry a little more deadly and useful. these are just some thought's. Dan :salute:

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I tell you, with 130,00 points I have a very Elite lean and nasty machine, I think my troops would even have a place in Ronald Regans heart. :cheeky: Well Gus :toast: and cheers to a battle I won't soon forget. Gus I would realy like to play this game for ladder points. I think it will be a real blast. I hope you don't mind the name of the scenairio 2020 Berlin the End of Armegedon? Let's have fun. Dan :salute:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Last setup turn file trade.

Dan said:
I tell you, with 130,00 points I have a very Elite lean and nasty machine, I think my troops would even have a place in Ronald Regans heart. :cheeky: Well Gus :toast: and cheers to a battle I won't soon forget. Gus I would realy like to play this game for ladder points. I think it will be a real blast. I hope you don't mind the name of the scenairio 2020 Berlin the End of Armegedon? Let's have fun. Dan :salute:
Certainly we can play for ladder points.
I thank you for your game's challenge. I look forward to our battle Dan.

The scenario name is quite appropriate: read below.

Today I will complete my last edits of replace unit with other type, then setup, without looking at my opponent's forces setup. Then after passwords we begin.

Unfortunately the German side does not have units as costly as the US side so the prestige of having the most expensive and up to date forces shall not be ours.

But we have Paratroopers. And we have the Leopard 2. As well we have the best IFV w/TOW capacity and the Leopard 1, which loves to hammer infantry with HE.
Lastly, we have the redoubtable Fuchs if needed to lead us in a battalion sized infantry assault! Hoooooorah! Hooooooooooooorah! Hoo!

Best of all we will be playing on an elite force rating so even our worst slob can hit a fruit fly off a Canadian ten cent piece at 2 miles!!

:love:

Need we say more?! :D

danstudentvcc

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
By the way. The fuch is a very useful vehicle. It does not have a lot of armour but it has an incredible movement, I think it is 35-36 movements and you have to like it. Not to mention that the speedy little vehicle can be amphibious. The US has somthing compatible as the fuch. The stryker is a very simmilar vehicle, Light armour good speed and amphibious. I'm looking forward to testing them out. The other vehicle I'm looking forward to experimenting with is the Stryker AGS, Fast and hard hitting. The only problem I see is with the ammo. I think they have 6he and 12 apcr. Not a lot ammo,but challenging. Good thing I have forifeid resuplly units. Dan :salute:

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I just wanted to mention, the map of Berlin is not mine. I downlaoded it somwhere, I can't remember where. Dan :salute:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dan said:
I just wanted to mention, the map of Berlin is not mine. I downlaoded it somwhere, I can't remember where. Dan :salute:
Well after a few edits it could be yours - certainly shared.
Hmm! I wonder, do the fortified ammo dumps give out ammo at a good rate or like molasses? Something like the outhouse being all nifty and everything with all the comforts of home but the Grizzly or Polar Bear that's not after your Kokanee or local beer between you and it kinda makes you ration your visits.
:D
danstudentvcc

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Cna/Ge vs USA and chopper mayhem..

Hello y'all. By the way the Berlin map comes with the game apparently. I think someone mentioned it in a thread in the SP forum that it is one of a series of Germany maps.

Good news on the apocalyptic battle Dan and Danstudentvcc are embarking on.
After a sleepless night of reviewing force compositions and trying to define a battle plan for the situation op I wrung a generous concession from Dan. He has allowed me to select an ally Nation to help out my beleagured W. Germans and their kit.
To this end I have selected a top notch country kit that can fulfill a much needed role in this coming battle [within a day or so start]. The country is Canada. :D

Hence it is now more aptly called USA vs The Free World. :D :D

Stay tuned.

DVCC

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
danstudentvcc said:
After a sleepless night of reviewing force compositions and trying to define a battle plan for the situation op I wrung a generous concession from Dan. He has allowed me to select an ally Nation to help out my beleagured W. Germans and their kit.
To this end I have selected a top notch country kit that can fulfill a much needed role in this coming battle [within a day or so start]. The country is Canada. :D

Hence it is now more aptly called USA vs The Free World. :D :D

Stay tuned.

DVCC
I'm really interested in the top secret canaidian expiditionary force. I did not think my country had anything useful to offer except Beer and backbacon and babes:p and the word Ehhh. I think know what you took could it be one of our powerful new submarines :OHNO:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Canadian peameal bacon.

Dan said:
I'm really interested in the top secret canaidian expiditionary force. I did not think my country had anything useful to offer except Beer and backbacon and babes:p and the word Ehhh. I think know what you took could it be one of our powerful new submarines :OHNO:
Hello Dan.
No they just leak. Or catch fire in water. Or are nearing their final days as top tech British Equipment.

Just sent out the 2nd edit in the scenario editor.
Have not done any reinforcement edits so my entire force is on map; not sure what the rules are for using them so I decided to get feedback from you on how far forward they could be.

In addition I entered every one of my current PBEM SP opponents as Leopard 2 Company size tank commanders.
I am the Brigade commander.

So it will be interesting to see who Dan kills off first!
Bets anyone.:pIMP:

Danstudentvcc

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I actually named only one unit to date, my brigaed commander. He has the official name of Ronald reagan, my favorite president. He realy did have a great sense of humor. Maybe I will name a few more in there when we edit again. Dan :salute:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The senate sub committe asked Ron Reagan about the "contra weapons" and he replied, "well I don't know,I wasnt in the loop."
I guess your right he did have a good sense of humor :laugh:

Double Deuce

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Skirmisher said:
The senate sub committe asked Ron Reagan about the "contra weapons" and he replied, "well I don't know,I wasnt in the loop."
I guess your right he did have a good sense of humor :laugh:
At least he was original and didn't take the standard "I refuse to answer under the rights afforded me under the 5th Amendment". :laugh:

Dan

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well it's turn one and my Brigaed is on the move :skull: So far no sign of the bad guys. My troops are ready to rock and roll and at this very moment they putting the pedal to the metal and keeping our guns ready :ar15: I'm looking forward to turn 2 in this battle between good and evil :p Dan :flag: :salute:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Dan said:
Well it's turn one and ...
Hello. Turn one is complete and only the most minor of weapons firing has occurred.

The Canadian ADATs will have their effectiveness reduced in a city battle. However any attack helos that venture into their range/fire arc will face a shot that is more lethal than an Apache's Helfire round.

The company commanders [whq alias names on the tanks] are on the move.

The plan is quite simple: maul the American force without regard to losses.
The turn closed with arty planned by priority on targets of opportunity. The remaining fire was spent in anticipation of needed fire support. Not likely to land until turn 2 or 3.

Gus

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dan,Commander of the US forces. The free world is counting on you. :jack:

ADAT's won't be a problem for you,just drop a liberal amount of cluster ammo all over them. :devil:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Secret Agent said:
*silence fills the air*

[Me:]What did you say? :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Holy cow I just got it.
I was playing a Modern SOV vs US/W Ge game as well with DAN.
So when I made the post [half asleep] I was thinking US vs the R E S T of the Free World.
But instead I answered myself with a yes I am tired and typed The Free World.

I 'll correct it now.

Thanks eagle eyed Sentry; good catch.

Gus

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Skirmisher said:
Dan,Commander of the US forces. The free world is counting on you. :jack:

ADAT's won't be a problem for you,just drop a liberal amount of cluster ammo all over them. :devil:
He has FASCAM but not much else.
I have the world's best tank w/ armor and penetration [Leopard 2]
The leanest meanest medium tank. Canada's Leopard 1.
The games toughest hitting and fastest firing SAM system the ADATs.
The best paratroopers and Infantry Fighting Vehicle [also from Germany].
The most experienced commander in danstudentvcc

:devious:

Skirmisher

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
LOL, There are a few tanks that are all on par. Top of the line models from US,UK,Russia,Germany,Isreal,just to name a few,will all ruin your day. :blab:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.