2020 ASL OPEN

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just updated the ASL OPEN website. See links in the site for the 2020 announcement/registration form, scenario list and new rules for 2020.

I made the final selection of all the scenarios. But new this year is the "Any Scenario" option in every round. There are special rules for the Any Scenario option. See the new 2020 rules. If you are willing to play a scenario either side with no balance and a die roll to determine the sides, bring it. If your opponent agrees, go for it.

As is my past practice once a week, after I receive registrations, I will send a Dropbox link to the registrant with copies of all the scenarios.

See you in March,

David Goldman

Attachments

Doug Kirk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not likely to make it in 2020. The early date is a killer, right after KC tourney. Probably cant do ASL two weekends in a row. We will see... but given the choice, KC is much closer and easier for me to get to.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not likely to make it in 2020. The early date is a killer, right after KC tourney. Probably cant do ASL two weekends in a row. We will see... but given the choice, KC is much closer and easier for me to get to.
Sad to hear that. I hope Curtis & I'll be able to make KC one of these years as well.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah we owe each blood don't we?

See you at the open....
You came in third(?) last year, I was so far down there wasn't any light there. :LOL:? Doubt if I'll be seeing you on the game table, but always look forward throwing down a couple of brick-a-bats with my "brother".

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You came in third(?) last year, I was so far down there wasn't any light there. :LOL:? Doubt if I'll be seeing you on the game table, but always look forward throwing down a couple of brick-a-bats with my "brother".
If you don’t have fun playing Mark you’re a stick in the mud.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Agreed but bring your ear plugs, brother is LOUD!
I told him there is only room for one voice in my head, please let me think in peace. Lol. He cracks me up and is a great sport.

Last edited:

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I WILL add to this...I am a LOUSY opponent when I'm dead tired. Bob Bendis got to 'enjoy' one of those games. I kept telling that that the Fuhrer had personally ordered that this bldg be taken or that the Wunderwaffen were coming or...you get the idea.

apbills

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have rates been negotiated with the Hotel? I see the flyer states they have yet to be finalized.

Juan SantaX

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
I got my flight to Copenhaguen!....

Edit: WRONG THREAD INDEED!! :eek::eek:???

Last edited:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With regret, I cannot attend this year. But, there in spirit as always--have fun everyone. Dave always runs a top notch tournament!

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes the rates are finalized, $99.00 per night.
Anybody who wants or needs to save money can stay at my house if they want. I live in Downers Grove about 20-30 mins from the tournament. Send me a private message.

PS I’m going to miss my buddy Coleman Quill.

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With regret, I cannot attend this year. Good luck to all attendees. I am sure you all will have a great time!

sdennis

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm out again too. Returning on Monday 3/23 from a March Madness trip to Vegas... can't turn around and take 2 days off work right after...