2020 ASL OPEN Is Cancelled

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
With great regret, I must cancel the 2020 ASL OPEN. Illinois restaurants are closed except for carryout and delivery. There have been several cancellations of pre-registrations and I expect more would come. There would probably be very few walk in registrations. Rather than have the increased risk of viral infection as well as spotty attendance and difficult food service, I am cancelling the ASL OPEN for 2020.

If you have pre-registered and wish a return of your registration fee, let me know, otherwise I will hold it for pre-registration for the 2021 ASL OPEN.

David

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably for the best David. Stay well and hope that ASLOK 2020 will be our next meeting.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Good call. Better to be safe than sorry, especially with ASLers not being spring chickens any more.

Both my Meetup hiking groups canceled all our hikes even though we're outside.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even if my lack of employment at this time was not a problem, I believe that Enfilade is not going to be held.
Wish it were, I like to tease Sam Belcher a little.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Even if my lack of employment at this time was not a problem, I believe that Enfilade is not going to be held.
Sam used to have a uncanny resemblance to Homer Simpson.

If it were just my risk I would play. This Chinese Wohan Corona Virus puts risk on other people so cancelling is the only call at this point. Perhaps there is solace in the difficulty of the decision, this displays tournaments are more fun than a chore and something we can all look forward to in the future.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would suggest just using Coved 19 Bob.

Sam used to have a uncanny resemblance to Homer Simpson.

If it were just my risk I would play. This Chinese Wohan Corona Virus puts risk on other people so cancelling is the only call at this point. Perhaps there is solace in the difficulty of the decision, this displays tournaments are more fun than a chore and something we can all look forward to in the future.

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You did the right thing even though I'm disappointed. ON the list of things in life I would think right now this is a small one too.

RobZagnut

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sam has announced on Facebook that he has been diagnosed with COVID-19. He is out of the danger period and doing well.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Sam has announced on Facebook that he has been diagnosed with COVID-19. He is out of the danger period and doing well.
Dang! He was conceivably the first among us to catch it and probably won't be the last one.

I wish him a good recovery and pray that all the others of the fold will be spared serious consequences.

Cheers,
von Marwitz

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to hear that Sam Belcher got the COVID-19 virus, but glad to hear that he is getting better!
I usually try to play one scenario against him at Enfilade, (but not this year). Hang in there, Sam!