2019 Texas Team Tournament, June 20-23, Austin, TX

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This sounds really good. Can't wait. Made all the final reservations last night. Wouldn't mind a recommendation for some great BBQ, as I will probably rent a car this time.

Had a blast last year. Sure it will be the same or better this year.

Mark P.
I always liked Rudy's. It's closer than Salt Lick and I liked the BBQ better.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This sounds really good. Can't wait. Made all the final reservations last night. Wouldn't mind a recommendation for some great BBQ, as I will probably rent a car this time.

Had a blast last year. Sure it will be the same or better this year.

Mark P.
Salt Lick is good. Rudy's is just up the road from the hotel which has decent BBQ but ya gotta go there for the creamed corn. There's Pok-e-Jo's across the street, which is ok, not great. You can go to the Ironworks in downtown Austin. If you want to do it up right, you can go over Taylor (first town east of the hotel) or down to Lockhart (SE of Austin). https://www.texasmonthly.com/food/the-worlds-best-barbecue-is-in-taylor-texas-or-is-it-lockhart/

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump one month out. Looking forward to some great games.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wanted to reach out to folks who have expressed an interest in SK specifically to let you know some of the SK goings on at the Texas Team Tournament this year.

First things first, I'm very excited to be hosting all of the folks wanting to play SK at the tourney. So far I have 10 folks signed up that have expressed an interest in SK play over the weekend, so ya'all will have plenty of opportunities to play SK against a varied set of opponents over the course of the weekend.

Second, as usual we'll be holding the SK championship bracket on Saturday and I hope that we'll have a full 8 person bracket like last year. I'll have a great trophy for the winner.

Third, make sure that you are in attendance on Friday of the tourney. With the recent release of SK PTO, here is an opportunity for everyone to get up on how to play SK PTO. Kevin Boles who was instrumental in the playtest and development of SK PTO has agreed to start the day at 9am with a rundown on the new PTO rules and the eccentricities of playing the Japanese and fighting in the jungle. Hopefully everyone will have a copy of their SK PTO by the start of the tourney and will have had a chance to review the rules. After Kevin's briefing that morning, we'll play a couple of rounds of an SK PTO mini for folks to kick the PTO tires and Kevin has offered to help mentor/answer questions. Here's a great opportunity to get going on SK PTO with the training wheels still attached. If you've never played the Japanese in a scenario, the experience is unlike any other nationality in ASL, both as the attacker or defender.

It should be fun!

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pre-registration and hotel room block rate ends a week from today. That means we also are going kicking things off just 3 short weeks from today. Get on out to www.texas-asl.com and get signed up with all of the other cool folks coming to have a great time.

Randy Strader

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Gunnin' for you Strader! Better bring your C+ game this year. Yep, that's what it's gonna take to whip me.

See ya in 3 weeks.
Roy
Haha! Thanks for the callout Roy! This year you better know you're gonna need to bring a water pistol to our ASL pillow fight. I've been super busy practicing putting a Pin on my Flames, generating Gusts with no SMOKE on the board, and swallowing enough frogs to get that "umlaut"-sound over my "Ö"s. Always great to play the Kansas dudes. I just drove I-35 this week from Texahoma-ish down to Austin and the road has way less construction. Hope y'all have a safe and speedy trip!

Randy

Reactions: Roy

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
Added Feature!
The latest LFT Projects will be available for review and comments.
First an historical map of the French vs. German battles around 'Inor' France.
You would be a big help if you are willing to playtest a couple of Inor scenarios.
Also , example maps of the upcoming 'Arid Lands' mapboard project.
8 New mapboards in one package along with a batch of scenarios to use them with.
A couple of Playtest Scenarios for these maps will also be available.

Steve Swann

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last chance to pre-register and get the hotel rate in June 6th.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We've got 72 pre-registered and I know of at least a couple more that have indicated they'll show up at the door. Looks to be another great turnout to help us celebrate the 27th TTT. Make sure to get your hotel reservations in. You need to contact the hotel directly (info is on the texas-asl.com website) and let them know you are booking through the ASL room block.

For those that have not been to visit us before, I'll have lots of snacks, sodas, and water available. I'll have BFP and Lone Canuck products for sale, lots of war movies on the big screen, and if I can swing a decent price, I'll have beer available for all (on me) on Fri and Sat.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Getting the final details in order. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Austin again this year. I hope everyone is as psych'd as I am. To those who are new to the TTT, pull together a folder with about 20 scenarios that you'd like to play over the weekend. This will help narrow down scenario candidates between you and your opponent. I'll have lots of snacks and drinks available and there is always someone going to a nearby restaurant to get a bite to eat. For those travelling in from distant areas, I'll have my kit available to use and there are plenty of locals that will be bringing in their kits as well, so at the very least bring your rulebook and favorite dice/cup and you should be good to go. Otherwise plan on coming, enjoying yourself, playing some great opponents and meeting new/old friends.

ASL1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hope to be there next year. Go get 'em Roy!! ..
Cheers ya'll!
Pierce

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Wish I could make it. Alas, I am in Paris. -- jim

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru