2019 Texas Team Tournament, June 20-23, Austin, TX

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 2019 edition of the Texas Team Tournament (www.texas-asl.com) is gearing up for another great time! We are now up to 27 consecutive years of some of the best ASL times around.

We're just over 4 short months out, so with the start of the new year it is time to get that vacation time set aside and plan on making that trek to Austin the end of June. As always, we're the weekend after Father's Day, so we've made it easy to decide on a Father's Day gift this year!

Texas' Largest and Longest running ASL Tournament brings four full days of ASL nirvanna kicking off with a Thursday start.
Thursday will be an open gaming day and will not count towards the tournament standings. As always, Thursday games count towards the coveted Major Johnson award. Games related to the official tournament standings start Friday morning at 9AM.

We are planning various activities over the course of the weekend. I'll have the ever popular Ferocity Fest on Thursday, and I might have something else sponsored on for play, as well. So this will do a very nice job of filling up your Thursday with some great action. We'll feature things for guys interested in SK (PTO anyone?), and you never know what playtest mini will be out there.

Ours is an open tournament, so come play what you want, how much you want, with whom you want. Feel like trying that monster scenario? Here's your chance to immerse yourself in it for up to 4 days straight if you can handle it. Stay Tuned to the Texas-asl.com website for details!

So on to the formalities...
Texas ASL is proud to present:
The 27th Annual Texas Team Tournament
Austin, TX June 20-23, 2019
Thursday 9am - Sunday 8pm
The Texas Team Tournament returns to our previous terrific venue. We are at the Wingate by Wyndam Conference Center in Round Rock in far north Austin.
1209 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512)341-7000
Fax: (512)341-7011
4-Day Registration $36
3-Day (Fri-Sun) Registration $31
Saturday Only Registration $21
Room Rates (tax not incl): $94

You will need to contact the hotel directly to reserve your room. Make sure to mention you are associated with the "Texas ASL Club" to get the reduced room rate

Remember to Pre-Register -- Besides you never know what goodies you might find in your pre-registration packet.
All the tournament details and more can be found at our Texas ASL website . Just follow the tournament links.

Rick

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump.
Keeping this in front of folks. Great times in Austin. Don't want to miss out, whether you play full ASL or SK. There something for everyone.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some late breaking news. We have a scenario selected for Ferocity Fest. We will take a trip out to the East Front again this year with that timeless classic Z19 The Trap at Targul Frumos. This scenario will have a little something for everyone - both sides get flamethrowers, there are Set DCs, PSKs, heavy armor, OBA, both sides get the opportunity to attack, and I have added a little twist to spice up the ferocity a little more. And of course there will be the opportunity to rub it in to your opponent with the ever snarky Ferocity Fest comments as you heap brutality on your opponent's forces.

Last edited:

fenyan

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your Ferocity Fest selection sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the product of your previous Ferocity Fest, the remake of Streets of Stalingrad. It was the highlight of my West Coast Melee, a very tense game that went to the very last CC on the last turn.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your Ferocity Fest selection sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the product of your previous Ferocity Fest, the remake of Streets of Stalingrad. It was the highlight of my West Coast Melee, a very tense game that went to the very last CC on the last turn.
Cool! Glad you enjoyed it.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bump. Just 2 months out before the start of the tourney. 6 weeks before the pre-registration window closes. Now's the time to get those plans to attend nailed down. Come on down to Austin for some great times and great camaraderie.

Danno

Ost Front Fanatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tourney and Summer are two months away. Make plans now!

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Was wondering if there was any interest for those coming to TTT or thinking of coming, to play the combined The Last Bid/Men of Steel that weekend? We've got the space to set it up and leave it set up, so this could be a great opportunity for probably 4 players to give it a shot.

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey Rick,

I just registered for myself and my dad (David and Arthur Douglas). We will attend all 4 days.

This will be the first time for both of us. Very excited.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hey Rick,

I just registered for myself and my dad (David and Arthur Douglas). We will attend all 4 days.

This will be the first time for both of us. Very excited.
You picked a good one to go to. Great experience. Great people. My only advice: if you're flying in, don't take a cab to the venue. Rent a car. -- jim

PugRoyale

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You picked a good one to go to. Great experience. Great people. My only advice: if you're flying in, don't take a cab to the venue. Rent a car. -- jim
Fortunately my folks live in San Antonio so he and I will drive up after I fly in from California.

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I 2nd Jim. I've had 2 bad experiences with cabs in Austin while there on business.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick,
I tried to register by the Texas-asl website, but the Paypal crt was empty when I went to pay.

Is there a "glich?"

Or is it me?

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rick,
I tried to register by the Texas-asl website, but the Paypal crt was empty when I went to pay.

Is there a "glich?"

Or is it me?
I just tried it, Kevin and it was working for me. Give it a try again. If you can't get it to work, PM me at ctasl@aol.com and we'll work on a different route.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few more activities I'm planning during the tourney.

On Thursday in addition to Ferocity Fest, it sounds like there might be some interest in folks playing one of the meaty Red October scenarios. I know Paul Hornbeck is interested and Matt Blackman or one of his CA cohorts might be interested as well.

On Friday, if all goes according to plan, I'll be doing an SK PTO mini that day. I'm also looking at doing a Hatten mini on this day.
On Saturday, I'll be holding an Onslaught to Orsha 2 playtest mini, in addition to the SK bracket and individual champion bracket. I might set up another mini on Saturday as well.

Mark Pandori

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A few more activities I'm planning during the tourney.

On Thursday in addition to Ferocity Fest, it sounds like there might be some interest in folks playing one of the meaty Red October scenarios. I know Paul Hornbeck is interested and Matt Blackman or one of his CA cohorts might be interested as well.

On Friday, if all goes according to plan, I'll be doing an SK PTO mini that day. I'm also looking at doing a Hatten mini on this day.
On Saturday, I'll be holding an Onslaught to Orsha 2 playtest mini, in addition to the SK bracket and individual champion bracket. I might set up another mini on Saturday as well.

This sounds really good. Can't wait. Made all the final reservations last night. Wouldn't mind a recommendation for some great BBQ, as I will probably rent a car this time.

Had a blast last year. Sure it will be the same or better this year.

Mark P.

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Wouldn't mind a recommendation for some great BBQ, as I will probably rent a car this time.
The Salt Lick was not bad at all.
https://saltlickbbq.com/

Note: better to pay cash than by card as i noticed a few weeks later that i paid the tution fee of some -no doubt with IT talents- student at Brazil's Sao Paolo university ☹ (it may have originated from other dining venues in Austin than the Salt Lick)

fanatic+1

Ryan Kent
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just made my reservations. I am stoked! Coming in on Wednesday if anybody is looking for a practice game. Leaving Monday so I can enjoy some Texan hospitality Sunday evening.