2018 Texas Team Tournament, June 28-July 1

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pre-registration window closes a week from today. Get onboard and get your hands on all of the swag I provide to those that pre-register. Dice hit the glass 3 weeks from today. Looking to be a great time in Austin.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Pre-registration for the TTT ends today. I'll be getting the tee shirt order off tomorrow and put in the final order for the swag for this year. I have something special this year for the swag.

nebel

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
why does that link in the first message route through FaceBook? Much prefer to keep as far away from that big data privacy destroyer as possible

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those attending the TTT for the first time this Thursday, a couple of recommendations. Bring a set of scenarios that you are interested in playing. It helps speed up scenario selection with your opponent, and besides, if you have a selection and they don't then you'll be playing one of your scenarios.

For those coming in to Austin via the airport, please do not take a taxi to the hotel. You can do Uber or my recommendation is to use the SuperShuttle from the airport. Much more economical.

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Checked in and will be at the hotel in the early-to-mid afternoon. -- jim

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will be there tomorrow. Will only have dice and rules, most of my stuff is in storage.

echack

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Big thanks to Rick Reinesch for organizing another great long weekend of ASL. Thanks to all my opponents for putting up with my noobish ways in playing the game. (Special thanks to Robert Hammond for taking the dicing I gave him with good humor.)

.happy7.gif

Also big thanks to the generous donors of all the items for the raffle. I got LFT's From the Cellar 4, a pack of Russian Civil War scenarios, designed by one of my opponents, the aforementioned Robert Hammond. We had just finished our game when the raffle started and the pack was on my wanted list from the raffle. I was amazed when he mentioned that he had designed it. We had a nice chat about his experiences in the historical research he did.

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 26th Texas Team Tournament is in the books. We had another record attendance with a total of 77 preregistrants and walk-ons, and our first official overseas participant (great seeing you George Tournemire!) who flew in from Belgium. There was lots of ASL played, snacks consumed and beer/sodas drunk. ASLSK reached critical mass at the TTT this year as we had 8 SKers signed up to play in the SK championship bracket. Here's how the folks faired in the awards.

10-3 Champion - Dave Lamb
9-2 Runner up - Robert Loper
SK Champion - Kevin Boles (with Amanda Boles runner up)
Major Johnson - Paul Works
Team Champions - Bob Zinselmeyer, Kevin Boles, Woody Lee
Audie Murphy (snakes) - Brian Roundhill
Col Klink (boxes) - Jim Bishop
Close combat Award - Mike Stubits
Ferocity Fest (Allied winner) - Paul Works, runner up - Brian Roundhill
Ferocity Fest (Axis winner) - Rich Spilky, runner up - Mike Stubits

Our sponsors were fantastic, as usual. Please look to them for all your gaming needs and let them know how much you appreciate the support of this great hobby.
ArtbyStudioWhite
BattleSchool
Bounding Fire Productions
Broken Ground Design
Columbia Games
David Lamb
David Pentland Art
Dispatches from the Bunker
Friendly Fire
George Tournemire
GMT Games
Kansas City ASL
Ken Smith Art
Le Franc Tireur
Lone Canuck Publishing
March Madness Tournament
MultiMan Publishing
Osprey Books
Ritterkrieg
Robert Hammond
SoCal ASL
St. Louis ASL
The Gamers Armory

We'll have the website updated soon for 2019. Thanks to everyone who attended. Hope to see you again next year!
P.S. I'll be turning all games played this weekend at the TTT into ROAR unless you tell me otherwise.

Last edited:

62nd Army

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 26th Texas Team Tournament is in the books. We had another record attendance with a total of 77 preregistrants and walk-ons, and our first official overseas participant (great seeing you George Tournemire!) who flew in from Belgium. There was lots of ASL played, snacks consumed and beer/sodas drunk. ASLSK reached critical mass at the TTT this year as we had 8 SKers signed up to play in the SK championship bracket. Here's how the folks faired in the awards.

10-3 Champion - Dave Lamb
9-2 Runner up - Robert Loper
SK Champion - Kevin Boles (with Amanda Boles runner up)
Major Johnson - Paul Works
Team Champions - Bob Zinselmeyer, Kevin Boles, Woody Lee
Audie Murphy (snakes) - Brian Roundhill
Col Klink (boxes) - Jim Bishop
Ferocity Fest (Allied winner) - Paul Works, runner up - Brian Roundhill
Ferocity Fest (Axis winner) - Rich Spilky, runner up - Mike Stubits

Our sponsors were fantastic, as usual. Please look to them for all your gaming needs and let them know how much you appreciate the support of this great hobby.
ArtbyStudioWhite
BattleSchool
Bounding Fire Productions
Broken Ground Design
Columbia Games
David Lamb
David Pentland Art
Dispatches from the Bunker
Friendly Fire
George Tournemire
GMT Games
Kansas City ASL
Ken Smith Art
Le Franc Tireur
Lone Canuck Publishing
March Madness Tournament
MultiMan Publishing
Osprey Books
Ritterkrieg
Robert Hammond
SoCal ASL
St. Louis ASL
The Gamers Armory

We'll have the website updated soon for 2019. Thanks to everyone who attended. Hope to see you again next year!
P.S. I'll be turning all games played this weekend at the TTT into ROAR unless you tell me otherwise.

Congrats to all the winners!!

Roy

Living in Brownbackistan
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you again for everything Rick.

Congrats to all the winners. No offense to Dave, but I was pulling for Rob so I could say I lost to the champ. :cool::)

Mark Pandori

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
First time attending the Texas Tournament. I'm a relatively new player (~100 games into full ASL after about 10 games of ASLSK #3).
Flew in from northern CA. We don't have a great / well-organized ASL org in the Bay Area, to be sure so I have to travel to find them.

The event is very well managed by Rick, with so much going on at once: several different layers of competitive play from the team deal to minis, to Ferocity Fest.
Rick will find you an opponent. He works hard at making sure everyone gets a game within a short amount of time. I was impressed.

There were opportunities to play whatever you wanted. I got a chance to try a Forgotten War scenario-- which I might not have otherwise had in my regular gaming realm.
What was striking was how accommodating, gracious and friendly everyone was. A specific 'thank you' to the Texas crew.
Being able to play so many skill levels of friendly ASLer was good for me--I learned a lot.

Rick has WWII movies going on on the projector screen at all times, and the place is well-stocked with liquid refreshments and snacks.

Already looking forward to next year. Note for the uninitiated: the TTT is in Round Rock, and that's a good ride from the airport. I took a cab but will definitely rent a car next time.
If you want to get out and try the good BBQ places, you will need to drive, or get a local to take you.

Thanks to Rick and to my gaming partners there: Roy, John, Paul, Edmund, Bob, Eric and Matt. Extra bit to Roy, for his patience with me with the terrain on Point 270.

Mark

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I have been to the Texas Team Tournament twice now. I say unequivocally, it is my favorite tournament experience. The vibe Rick as going on here is awesome. Going into Saturday, an SK only player was third on the list in the Major Johnson competition. If you look at the Team winners, they were carried by an SK only player. There are so many events and things going on, anyone and everyone is playing "meaningful" ASL if that's what they want to do. If they just want to play, there is plenty of room for that too. I love the atmosphere and the vibe. If I was ever going to run a tournament, I would copy this format in a heart beat and feel proud to call it my own. Thanks to Rick and the rest of the Texas crowd. Also thanks to our KC brothers (Paul and Dan). I already spoke to my wife about the March event. It looks like I will be going there next. See you all soon. -- jim

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Ditto all the praise and thanks. It was a lot of fun and I even got down to the Alamo on Sunday which is ironic in that all my losses went down in an "Alamo" like environment in the last turn of each, either holding on in one or taking one out! Congrats to my roommate, Dave Lamb and thank you to our taxi driver Will (not Robert De Niro) Willow.