2018 Texas Team Tournament, June 28-July 1

rreinesch

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
10-3 Champion - Dave Lamb
9-2 Runner up - Robert Loper
SK Champion - Kevin Boles (with Amanda Boles runner up)
Major Johnson - Paul Works
Team Champions - Bob Zinselmeyer, Kevin Boles, Woody Lee
Audie Murphy (snakes) - Brian Roundhill
Col Klink (boxes) - Jim Bishop
Close combat Award - Mike Stubits
Ferocity Fest (Allied winner) - Paul Works, runner up - Brian Roundhill
Ferocity Fest (Axis winner) - Rich Spilky, runner up - Mike Stubits

I'll have the overall write up on all of the results in the next issue of Banzai!!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
This result does not surprise me. I'm willing to bet that a significant number of boxcars happened in absolutely critical situations as well. That is the way Jim rolls :D
Three times this week, I rolled 1,1 followed by 6,6. Once was an HOB (result, disrupted 9-1 Italian leader). Once was a PF shot (result, 3-4-8 HS shooter was eliminated due to back blast). Once was a CH against a tank (result, the tank scoring the CH was eliminated by the Gun Duel I won but lost). I won all but the disrupted game. That game saw Dave Lamb go on a tear and kill 4 of 10 squads in < 2 turns. I lost 2 quads on a CH, 24 -2 that -- Yatzeed on a 1,1 (so snakes hurt me too) to each eat the 1 KIA. -- jim

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I have been to the Texas Team Tournament twice now. I say unequivocally, it is my favorite tournament experience. The vibe Rick as going on here is awesome. Going into Saturday, an SK only player was third on the list in the Major Johnson competition. If you look at the Team winners, they were carried by an SK only player. There are so many events and things going on, anyone and everyone is playing "meaningful" ASL if that's what they want to do. If they just want to play, there is plenty of room for that too. I love the atmosphere and the vibe. If I was ever going to run a tournament, I would copy this format in a heart beat and feel proud to call it my own. Thanks to Rick and the rest of the Texas crowd. Also thanks to our KC brothers (Paul and Dan). I already spoke to my wife about the March event. It looks like I will be going there next. See you all soon. -- jim
Hi Jim,

based on your recommendation, I am going to put this on my planning calendar for next year !!!

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
In other words, you were caught stacking.
No it was all dice. Luck is the sole determiner of winning and losing. -- jim (yes, I was caught staking it was my own damn fault. I should know better).

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
Hi Jim,

based on your recommendation, I am going to put this on my planning calendar for next year !!!
You won't be disappointed. I love the tournament and people. If I am not there, I will be home and jealous. -- jim