2017 ASL OPEN Goes to Four Days!

David Goldman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The 2017 ASL OPEN starts Thursday, March 30, 2017, 2:00 p.m.

One round Thursday, two rounds each Friday and Saturday, one round on Sunday.

The mini tournament is the Friday night round and the two Saturday rounds.

To minimize down time, I will run an extra tournament. If you finish fast and want to get in another game while waiting for the next round, you will be matched up with the next available player who also wants an extra game. See the attached rules for further details.

The reason for the extra day is to eliminate the three short rounds on Saturday. There is always too much pressure and my sense is that the ASL community appreciates a more thoughtful longer scenario set.

The Friday and Saturday morning rounds will be 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Plenty of time and thus larger scenarios.

The Friday and Saturday evening rounds will start at 6:30 p.m.

Sunday start time will be 9:00 a.m.

The same location as this year, Holiday Inn O'Hare.

David Goldman

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

To minimize down time, I will run an extra tournament. If you finish fast and want to get in another game while waiting for the next round, you will be matched up with the next available player who also wants an extra game. See the attached rules for further details.

The reason for the extra day is to eliminate the three short rounds on Saturday. There is always too much pressure and my sense is that the ASL community appreciates a more thoughtful longer scenario set.

The Friday and Saturday morning rounds will be 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Plenty of time and thus larger scenarios.

David Goldman
Now you're talking David. You have to give us old coots some sleep time. :bored:

Tooz

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Looking forward to 2017 and participating in the newformat.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Too bad for me that the date moved earlier. I had kept Diane's travel plans out of most of April, but we are on a cruise in March that goes a few days into April. I will target the 2018 event.

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

David Goldman

:angry: Well, here is some news! Well, by this time in 2017 I will be living in Wisconsin, not Ohio which is good. You have now got the Frozen Four the week AFTER the Open! :nuts:
And by an odd NCAA induced coincidence, the Frozen Four in 2017 is in Chicago. We will see if we can make this work. :crosseye:

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:angry: Well, here is some news! Well, by this time in 2017 I will be living in Wisconsin, not Ohio which is good. You have now got the Frozen Four the week AFTER the Open! :nuts:
And by an odd NCAA induced coincidence, the Frozen Four in 2017 is in Chicago. We will see if we can make this work. :crosseye:
Expansion to 4 days makes coming from NC much more viable. Still too early to commit though.

davegin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oh for cryin' out loud...commit already Doug!!! I haven't been to the Open in many years due to my New Orleans Jazz Fest trip, but if you commit, I will also. Just hope to see you in a later round!!!!!

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Too bad for me that the date moved earlier. I had kept Diane's travel plans out of most of April, but we are on a cruise in March that goes a few days into April. I will target the 2018 event.
You are never going to make the ASL "Century Club" like that !

Sparafucil3

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Jim
Country
llUnited States
I am doing Texas this year. My plan next year is to do one more I haven't done already. It will be either Double One in London or The ASL Open in Chicago. -- jim (unless Hennie can be bribed to do Arnhem one more time)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am doing Texas this year. My plan next year is to do one more I haven't done already. It will be either Double One in London or The ASL Open in Chicago. -- jim (unless Hennie can be bribed to do Arnhem one more time)
Texas is a good one. Flo said 'Cut back on travel now", so I won't make it again.