2014 MLB postseason picks

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a disastrous loss for the A's last night!! They traded prospects and then Cespedes this summer to load up on pitching - and they blew a 7-3 lead in the playoff game. Ow - Billy Beane will have to answer for this.

I kinda agree with your picks Psycho - but I like the Prates to get to the NLCS against the Nats and the Orioles to get by Anaheim A Beltway World Series - and I think the Nats win it - man: that team is loaded. Not an easy out in their lineup.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
What a disastrous loss for the A's last night!! They traded prospects and then Cespedes this summer to load up on pitching - and they blew a 7-3 lead in the playoff game. Ow - Billy Beane will have to answer for this.

I kinda agree with your picks Psycho - but I like the Prates to get to the NLCS against the Nats and the Orioles to get by Anaheim A Beltway World Series - and I think the Nats win it - man: that team is loaded. Not an easy out in their lineup.
I like the Pirates. I grew up following the Astros cuz dad loved them and we always went on vacation to Astros' games. But when I really started following baseball for myself I picked up on Stargell, Parker & the guys during their run up to the WS.

I just didn't see them getting past the Giants whether one game or a series. I hate the Angels and the Tigers are my favorite team but I just don't have any faith in them after their many letdowns the past few years. I hope WAS utterly destroys them! That is, if my picks hold up. So far my football picks (NFL & college have been right near .500 or barely better).

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow - the Tigers bullpen absolutely let their team down today. Verlander left with a 6-2 lead and the bullpen blew it all up - orioles win 7-6 and take a 2-0 lead. Gotta like their chances to take this one - I doubted the Tigers based on their second half play anyway.

Looking forward to the NL stuff tonight.

JVan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Orioles look good to go to the World Series. I'm pulling for the Angels, but I'm not sure after the way they looked last night. They were pretty anemic. Josh Hamilton in particular looked really bad.

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the Orioles look good to go to the World Series. I'm pulling for the Angels, but I'm not sure after the way they looked last night. They were pretty anemic. Josh Hamilton in particular looked really bad.
I'm an O's fan and I like our guys but the Angels are anything but anemic. They went 15-11 in September with 6 of the losses coming after they clinched and they were resting guys. King Albert and Hamilton may not be in their prime but the top 5 of their order is as dangerous as any team in the Majors.

MLaPanzer

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it over yet? All this damn talk about baseball is messing up the sports talk shows and taking time away from football.

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Though I don't have cable tv, I did get a chance to watch the last half of the Tigers-Orioles game on Sunday. Really enjoyed it.

My theory on Clayton Kershaw... "I can't really be this good" and therefore muffs the game.

I have to root for the Royals as this year's ultimate underdog.

A great matchup would be L.A. vs. S.F. in the NL Championship series.

A great match up would have been L.A. v. L.A. in the world series or Baltimore vs. Washington in the world series.

I hadn't seen Mike Scioscia in ages until yesterday, man does he look different.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am shocked we had sweeps in both ALCS tilts - and the Angels are gone - I was thinking they had a deep run in them this year.

Orioles still look very good - but KC is leading a charmed life at the moment. That ballpark looked rocking despite a pouring rain last night.

Can't figure the Nats out - they are done, Bumgarner will throttle them tonight - but it looked as if they were the deepest team we had seen in years - and their lineup came up completely empty in two home games against the Giants (three really - because that Game 2 went 18 agonizing innings Saturday night - and the Nats NEVER threatened.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rooting for the Royals over the Giants - those guys play the game the right way. Its nice to see and exciting to watch. Can't believe they swept the O's.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rooting for the Royals over the Giants - those guys play the game the right way. Its nice to see and exciting to watch. Can't believe they swept the O's.
Poorest team in baseball win over the rich kids is always a good story. I grew up a Royals fan (old George Brett days).

Sand Bar Bill

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Clayton Kershaw gets the MVP and Cy Young after going 0-2 in the playoffs. In a 5-game series he managed to almost equal his loss total for a 162 game season (21-3). Makes me think these awards should encompass the post season too.