2013 MLB postseason picks

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, the National League result was what I expected...but not the way it happened. I thought it would go 7 games, with Wainwright winning the big ones. I never expected Wacha to step up, outpitch Kershaw twice, and win NLCS MVP.
Red Sox, are you ready for some Wacha? :)

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That was one of the more entertaining LCS weeks I can recall. Red Osx - Cradinals should eb a long-ish set to. I am rooting for the Sox and i love their lineup. Wacha scares me - but the Sox have been grinding teams down all year.

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, Wacha and 2 other rookie pitchers put the hurt on at Fenway. Disappointed that they let Big PED hit another out...but, I'll bet that won't happen again. Anyway, I wonder if he remembers which hand the fielder's mitt goes on...

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Series has headed back to Boston.

10 wins and only 1 to go.....

Also, this will be the first opportunity for the Red Sox to win it all at Fenway since 1918.

GO RED SOX.......

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Sox won't beat Wacha, so it's going 7 games. I never thought I'd see Joe Kelly starting the 7th game of a World Series.

Tom Morin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Sox won't beat Wacha, so it's going 7 games. I never thought I'd see Joe Kelly starting the 7th game of a World Series.
I was worried about Wacha as well.

Hmmmmmm............I was WRONG!

Sox are an awesome TEAM.

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Great on the Sox - what an amazing job: going from worst to World Series in one season. Three titles in a decade is a great feat.

RE: Wacha - give the Sox an up close look at any pitcher twice in one week, and they are going to do damage. Clearly he was rattled after he hit Gomes and Victarino teed off on that pitch.

I'm happy for Boston and their fans.

JOKippe

Also known as The Rat
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think Matheny was rattled as well, and obviously left Wacha in too long. Not that it mattered, since the Cards bats were so cold and the Sox pitching so good. The Cards did a great job getting to the Series, with all of the injuries, rookies, and lack of power, but the Red Sox were the better team. Congratulations to both teams.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks should really go to Psycho.

He's the one that hated the Red Sox so much.....

They fed on that hatred and took it all.......

"Shocked the World".....