2012 NFL football thread

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Who turned out the lights?
This wouldn't happen if they went back to playing it outdoors like they use too. New Orleans, can't keep the power on with or without a storm

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Definitely more points than I thought. How do they not call holding on the 4th down play? And then when the Ravens wasted time on the safety there wasn't even a flag for holding? One of the 49ers was held and another was tackled! :angry:

I kept waiting for Flukeo to show up and he never did. In the first half everything he threw up there landed in the WRers hands. smh I guess Flacco had his Eli moment and he is finally here. Well done! :clap:

BitterPill

Reaction score
Definitely more points than I thought. How do they not call holding on the 4th down play? And then when the Ravens wasted time on the safety there wasn't even a flag for holding? One of the 49ers was held and another was tackled! :angry:

I kept waiting for Flukeo to show up and he never did. In the first half everything he threw up there landed in the WRers hands. smh I guess Flacco had his Eli moment and he is finally here. Well done! :clap:
It was a good game though I'm bummed at the outcome. Congrats to the Ravens!

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

You beat me to it....

Not only should the Niners had four more shots at the in zone, but I believe when you commit a foul like holding in the in zone you put time back on the clock with the safety being automatic. The Niners should never have passed on all those goal line stands at the end since they are great at stretching the field.

The Niners did get away early with a pass interference/illegal contact which forced the Ravens to the field goal.

Clearly, the Black Out favored no one, that half hour break if anything should have helped the Ravens because they are an older team.

Niners won this game, they were the better team. I think Jim Harbaugh is right to be livid, but they need to stop being a comeback team and playing like they do in the Second Half the WHOLE game. It was a good game though and the Ravens were great in the first half.

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Niners won this game??? Better team?? Must have been a different game then I was watching. Ravens dominated the first half and lost the momentum after the lights went out. Too much time for them to think about winning.

Lots of no calls for both sides. With four plays to get into the endzone, you would think they would have tried to run it like they were doing so successfully the second half. I was certain Kap was going to run it in. Glad he threw the ball.

Go Ravens!

ChrisM

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah - I have no sympathy for the Niners. the WR pushed off ebfore he was held - call could haev gone either way. Four shots at the end zone form in close and you don't run it at all - well: don't whine about calls.

The balckout was waht it was - affected both teams. To me the game chanegd on the crappy punt and Ginn's electric return. That let the Niners get a second score really quickly - which was what they needed to get back in the game.

Plus I think the call on running inot the kicker and giving Akers a re-kick after he missed the first thirty yarder was really iffy. Calls evened out IMO.

Matt Book

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Niners won this game??? Better team?? Must have been a different game then I was watching. Ravens dominated the first half and lost the momentum after the lights went out. Too much time for them to think about winning.

Lots of no calls for both sides. With four plays to get into the endzone, you would think they would have tried to run it like they were doing so successfully the second half. I was certain Kap was going to run it in. Glad he threw the ball.

Go Ravens!
The Niners posted the most yards of offense in Super Bowl History to lose.....clearly I watched the same game...noticed you location states "Maryland"....ahhhhh :devious:.

No calls or Bad calls matter WHEN and on WHAT do they occur just like DR 2/12 in ASL....even if you go with no PI/Illegal contact, the holding during the punt (which was utterly blatant-arms wrapped around the guy as he chases the punter) gives the Niners valuable seconds to be in field goal zone and the Ravens couldn't stop Frisco out of the Red Zone.

Totally agree Niners should have stayed Pistol with Kaper and ran on the last drive, mentinoned that in my first post, then again they probably would have run it if they had four more plays from the foul...

koffee77

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they can't put the ball into the endzone, does not matter how many yards they gain. Being a Ravens fan, I am well accustomed to this. Niners messed up on the goal line with horrible play calling and trying to run back the punt. As soon as he started running with it was the ravens game. They should have called for a fair catch then play for the long bomb, or at least do a gimic or something.

Dave68124

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If they can't put the ball into the endzone, does not matter how many yards they gain. Being a Ravens fan, I am well accustomed to this. Niners messed up on the goal line with horrible play calling and trying to run back the punt. As soon as he started running with it was the ravens game. They should have called for a fair catch then play for the long bomb, or at least do a gimic or something.
Yeah, Harbaugh (the losing one) can complain and whine about the no call all he wants, but it was horrible play calling and execution on the goal line that cost them the game. They got to the Super Bowl running the ball - why in the hell pass it all four downs. And on that 3rd and Goal sprint out, why didn't the QB tuck it under and push for the goal line. He likely would have been tackled, but probably set up a 4th and goal from the 2 or 3 yard line rather than the 8 where they could do a bring the house blitz. Piss poor play calling cost SF that game.

BTW - I am a fan of neither team and really didn't give a sh*t who won. Ravens were clearly the better team on the field, but SF pissed it away.

Dion

Ober Field Marshal
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Suh them then.
I would love to sue the NFL, but you can't sue organized crime, especially when their not a real criminal organization. The NFL is more like organized entertainment. The NFL is caught right in the middle, and when there's a problem they can't do much about it unless it makes all involved businesses and nobles happy. So what happens? Poor Detroit Lions fans like me have to learn to live everyone giving them the red ass. I figured this **** would go away with time, but instead it gets worse and worse. Your probably woundering what kind of **** I'm talking about. I'm talking about the kind **** that's so stupid that its ridiculous and there's nothing you can do about it, except hope to god it does get any worse. I tell ya, it's tough being a Detroit Lions fan.

Last edited:

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I would love to sue the NFL, but you can't sue organized crime, especially when their not a real criminal organization. The NFL is more like organized entertainment. The NFL is caught right in the middle, and when there's a problem they can't do much about it unless it makes all involved businesses and nobles happy. So what happens? Poor Detroit Lions fans like me have to learn to live everyone giving them the red ass. I figured this **** would go away with time, but instead it gets worse and worse. Your probably woundering what kind of **** I'm talking about. I'm talking about the kind **** that's so stupid that its ridiculous and there's nothing you can do about it, except hope to god it does get any worse. I tell ya, it's tough being a Detroit Lions fan.
You think that's bad try be a Chicago Cubs fan. 100 plus years of ineptitude and counting. LOSERS!!!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You think that's bad try be a Chicago Cubs fan. 100 plus years of ineptitude and counting. LOSERS!!!

Well... at least if you're a Detroit Lions fan your team sucks at a sport worth watching...

I watched the game on Monday at my Dad's on delay. He's too old to stay up into the very late hours, which this would have required more of because of that ridiculous power cut. Precisely the kind of thing I dreaded would happen at the Olympics here.

I thought the game was as good as over immediately after halftime when the Baltimore kick-off return went in after half time. Why the Niner's couldn't play at least some of the way they did in the second half in the first seemed to be down to bad discipline. Those penalties... Anyway they really blew it at the end. You have a red zone presence including an established ace RB and a deadly rushing QB... so you throw pass after pass? Stupid.

Beyonce danced around the super dome, that's her job. Jim Harbaugh seems to spend more time dancing, pulling faces and miming penalty signals than coaching. If I were a ref I'd tell him to stay away after only a few minutes. If a player spoke to an official like that they'd get ejected. Time something was done about coaches too.

And if I never see Ray Lewis again it'll be no loss. Any number of times in that game younger, agile ball carriers jus stepped away from him, hios arms just failing to grip them. He's a shadow of his former self but a right Prima Donna.

Last edited:

BitterPill

Reaction score
Well... at least if you're a Detroit Lions fan your team sucks at a sport worth watching...

I watched the game on Monday at my Dad's on delay. He's too old to stay up into the very late hours, which this would have required more of because of that ridiculous power cut. Precisely the kind of thing I dreaded would happen at the Olympics here.

I thought the game was as good as over immediately after halftime when the Baltimore kick-off return went in after half time. Why the Niner's couldn't play at least some of the way they did in the second half in the first seemed to be down to bad discipline. Those penalties... Anyway they really blew it at the end. You have a red zone presence including an established ace RB and a deadly rushing QB... so you throw pass after pass? Stupid.

Beyonce danced around the super dome, that's her job. Jim Harbaugh seems to spend more time dancing, pulling faces and miming penalty signals than coaching. If I were a ref I'd tell him to stay away after only a few minutes. If a player spoke to an official like that they'd get ejected. Time something was done about coaches too.

And if I never see Ray Lewis again it'll be no loss. Any number of times in that game younger, agile ball carriers jus stepped away from him, hios arms just failing to grip them. He's a shadow of his former self but a right Prima Donna.
I have to say that's a quite good summary from a Welshman. Well done!