128-79-1 Michelle (11-5)
108-99-1 John (8-8)
106-101-1 Sydney (9-7)

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We got to see the Ravens play the Redskins on UK TV tonight. What a thriller. I had feared the worst but they pulled off a very unlikely win. What drama.
don't think the Ravens are that good this year. After all, the Browns almost beat them twice earlier in the year, before we were really rolling..

Shurmer's late-game clock mismanagement cost us dearly both times.:mad:

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
don't think the Ravens are that good this year. After all, the Browns almost beat them twice earlier in the year, before we were really rolling..

Shurmer's late-game clock mismanagement cost us dearly both times.:mad:

I noticed they kept showing injured players watching from the sidelines on the Ravens' side of the field. Probably a weakened team. I don't care. Wehn you've lived pain like that of a 'Skins fan (you'll understand if youre from Cleveland) any win over a famous team of any apprecible reputation seems like a moon landing. I see the 'Skins play the Browns next week.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All I know is this season I came second last in our FF league and my wife (who drafts on the basis of, he's got an interesting name or he looks cute) has swept all before her....grumble, grumble, grumble.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
All I know is this season I came second last in our FF league and my wife (who drafts on the basis of, he's got an interesting name or he looks cute) has swept all before her....grumble, grumble, grumble.
Is Carlester Crumpler still playing? He'd be the guy!

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I noticed they kept showing injured players watching from the sidelines on the Ravens' side of the field. Probably a weakened team. I don't care. Wehn you've lived pain like that of a 'Skins fan (you'll understand if youre from Cleveland) any win over a famous team of any apprecible reputation seems like a moon landing. I see the 'Skins play the Browns next week.
I don't think any can live sports pain comparable to Cleveland fans.

Don't quit before the miracle!

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

My Cleveland memoires football wise are Bernie Kosar that incredible AFC chanpionship game with "The Drive," back in the was it early 90's? Bryant left the ball on the one yard line but went into the endzone himself? Funny that sticks in my memory. Might be the year the 'Skins last won an SB.

wrongway149

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Cleveland memoires football wise are Bernie Kosar that incredible AFC chanpionship game with "The Drive," back in the was it early 90's? Bryant left the ball on the one yard line but went into the endzone himself? Funny that sticks in my memory. Might be the year the 'Skins last won an SB.
You are actually talking about two different AFC Championship games : "The Drive in" '86 and The Fumble' in '87 (Earnest Byner who would later win a SB with your beloved Redskins.)

See, for us---these disasters are not singular events.:upset:

Last edited:

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Don't forget the knife that Michael Jordan put in the Cavs fans with that jumpshot.

Best story about the old Dogpound at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium:

There used to be a group of guys that would dress up in the dog masks, and they would always bring in a big dog house as part of "The Pound". It was years before security realized that it took four guys to carry it in, but only two to take it out. Turns out they were bringing in their own keg of beer.

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You are actually talking about two different AFC Championship games : "The Drive in" '86 and The Fumble' in '87 (Earnest Byner who would later win a SB with your beloved Redskins.)

See, for us---these disasters are not singular events.:upset:
I remember that as being the same game... how strange. I'll take your word for it. I recall seeing the quaint pillars at the old stadium.

I was driven past the new one in 2000. I went to downtown Cleveland and found it rather pleasant that Colubus Monday. The submarine wasn't open to visitors but I remember my delight at seeing the actual ZZ Top Eliminator car in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

I miss ASLOK... :(

trevpr1

ASL Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
There used to be a group of guys that would dress up in the dog masks, and they would always bring in a big dog house as part of "The Pound". It was years before security realized that it took four guys to carry it in, but only two to take it out. Turns out they were bringing in their own keg of beer.
They were probably the guys who were throwing Bonios into the end zone every time the opposition scored. See what happens when you don't have coherent dog biscuit control laws?:clown:

chris_olden

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Eagles are the Raiders of the East Coast.
Wow.
They stink somethin' fierce.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
The Eagles are the Raiders of the East Coast.
Wow.
They stink somethin' fierce.
It looked bad at first, then some hope for the Eagles (mainly cuz of CIN drops and miscues) but ultimately they just fell apart as usual. :(