Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Canadian ASL Association has chosen Ottawa for the location of the CASLO in September of 2011.

Subscribe to this thread to have more details as the become available.

Khill

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The Canadian ASL Association has chosen Ottawa for the location of the CASLO in September of 2011.

NICE! I love Ottawa. Can't wait. CASLO is awesome!

lightspeed

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Sounds good. Have the dates been confirmed? I did not see them on the Canadian ASL Assoc website.

Indy

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Probably the best venue of all ASL events. Enjoyed that city very much and its history and monuments.

Aaron Cleavin

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia

And I thought you were moving it to Winnipeg to stop Trezza defending his title :)

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I will not be defending my title. Was only able to attend because had that weekend off from officiating which is rare and it was my birthday so bought my self a gift to Ottawa. Was well worth it. I will be on the gridiron this year instead and as usual.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hmmm that is great as well , been in Ontario for 10 years , and now can actually attend a tournament.

footsteps

Just visiting
Reaction score
Country
llCanada

Depending on the weekend, I might be able to attend. Stranger things have happened.

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Traditionally, the CASLO is held the third weekend of September, which would make it September 16, 17, and 18 this year. Stay tuned for an official announcement...

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I will not be defending my title. Was only able to attend because had that weekend off from officiating which is rare and it was my birthday so bought my self a gift to Ottawa. Was well worth it. I will be on the gridiron this year instead and as usual.
That's a real shame Gary. I was hoping to get a game of J127 Messervy's Men in against you. I've got this kewl new Italian 7-0 that I'm dying to use. :D

View attachment 33176

Seriously, maybe we can get a night scenario in at ASLOK sometime.

Chris

Trezza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
He was on the field at Noreaster against Mr. Hill who you did not prep well enough. Led the winning platoon onto victory. No ASLOK for me this year either. Night is my favorite set of rules but you will have to make a return trip to Albany to catch me. I will be playing this year as Pleva runs the show.

Last edited:

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice poster Chris. Will there be an Ortona mini? And speaking of sponsors, maybe Beau's Brewery wants to sponsor the Thursday night beerfest...

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Nice poster Chris. Will there be an Ortona mini? And speaking of sponsors, maybe Beau's Brewery wants to sponsor the Thursday night beerfest...
Thanks.

No Ortona Mini, sorry. It is an ETO "theme" though, that is to say that there is no DTO/PTO in play.

Speaking of Beau's, that reminds me, I've still got a couple bottles in my fridge left from our Rumble at Russell's over Easter. Clearly Eric hasn't been here in the meantime. :D

I'm trying to finalize the CASLO flyer tonight, but it looks like it won't be out until tomorrow. I'll post it here, as well as send you a copy.

P.S. It was 32C (40C with the humidex) earlier this week in Ottawa!

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi again,

Here is the low down on the 15th Canadian ASL Open:

When? 16-18 Sep 2011
Where? Embassy Hotel and Suites, Ottawa ON
Why? Because you won't want to miss the fun.

As you can see from the attached files, we are running a Main tournament of five rounds, and a three-round, single elimination Mini tournament.

If you are having difficulty viewing the attachments, please email battleschool@rogers.com for a copy (please specify pdf or jpeg).

If you wish, I can send one pdf that includes all four pages. I recommend the pdf because it is interactive.

Cheers,

Chris
View attachment 33583

View attachment 33584

View attachment 33585

View attachment 33586

A big thank you to our sponsors:

Le Franc Tireur
Multi-Man Publishing
Bounding Fire Productions
Lone Canuck Publishing
Friendly Fire