2011 Canadian ASL Open

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Beautiful graphics, Chris! It blew me away. Lots of work and a worthy pre-game "tailgate" party planned. Wish I were able to attend CASLO again. Someday I hope.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Beautiful graphics, Chris! It blew me away. Lots of work and a worthy pre-game "tailgate" party planned. Wish I were able to attend CASLO again. Someday I hope.
Thanks Ray.

We are doing are best to make CASLO memorable this year. We are also trying to encourage as many "first-timers" as possible to attend. We already have a few tyros signed up.

Sorry that you cannot make it. I understand about the timing. I lobbied for a change of date. Next year we are experimenting with a weekend in May. However, in 2012, the tournament will be in Winnipeg rather than Ottawa. Perhaps when it returns to Ottawa or Montreal (or farther east), you can join us again.

See you at ASLOK! I should be easy prey. :)

Chris

http://asl-battleschool.blogspot.com/2011/09/caslo-toolkit.html

Rudi

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hello Chris,

wish you, Helen and all players at CASLO a very nice time. I am sure you will have a lot of Fun. Can't wait for the first impression of your Tournament.

Cheers
Rudi

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello Chris,

wish you, Helen and all players at CASLO a very nice time. I am sure you will have a lot of Fun. Can't wait for the first impression of your Tournament.

Cheers
Rudi
Vielen Dank Rudi,

The tournament wrapped up earlier today. I will post an AAR on Sitrep later this week. In the meantime, here are the top finishers:

The CASLO (main) Tournament
1st Adrian Earle (Ottawa)
2nd Ken Young (Ottawa)
3rd Mark Evans (New Hampshire)

The Purple Heart Mini
Doug Rimmer (Ottawa)

Thanks to all who came for the weekend. I will confirm the numbers later, but I believe that we had 24 competitors in all (not including two ASL players who dropped in to spectate on Saturday). Eight competed in the Mini, and IIRC, 21 competed in the CASLO.

I will thank the sponsors individually in the AAR. However, I wanted to thank them here for their generous support. By the smiles on the faces of those who took a prize home this year, the prizes were most welcome.

Chris

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I finished in fifth place and played a lot of ASL. Four of my five opponents were first time opponents, although I've know them for some time. More to come in the AAR forum.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It was a great tournament, thanks to Chris, Helen and Michael for organising everything.
Thank you to Countersmith Workshops for the door prize I won.

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
It was a great tournament, thanks to Chris, Helen and Michael for organising everything.
Thank you to Countersmith Workshops for the door prize I won.
Thanks Russell. I should point out, however, that Reg was responsible for organizing the venue, accommodations and single malt. And Ken was a huge help in preparing the scenario lists. In fact, without the cooperation and assistance of the participants, the event would not have been as successful as it was. Glad that you were able to make it.

Russell Williams

Potatoe Peeler 3rd Class
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks Russell. I should point out, however, that Reg was responsible for organizing the venue, accommodations and single malt. And Ken was a huge help in preparing the scenario lists. In fact, without the cooperation and assistance of the participants, the event would not have been as successful as it was. Glad that you were able to make it.
Sorry, thanks to Reg and Ken too!

KenYoung

ASLKWAD
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No thanks are needed for me! I got my reward by attending/enjoying a great event.
If anything I owe everyone else who showed up my gratitude for making this a fun, worry free weekend, in which I didn't need to lift a finger.
My only real regret (other than losing my last round) was not getting to play everybody I wanted to (yes, I'm thinking of you Mark Evans and Reg...maybe next time).

BattleSchool

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I will post an AAR on Sitrep later this week.
Had a power interruption earlier today while I was working in Excel. (Did I mention that I hate Excel.) The outage corrupted my CASLO results workbook and I've lost nine spreadsheets. :mad:

I will need to do the data entry again from scratch, then format, etc.. I doubt that I will have time this week to get these sheets (and the rest of the AAR) done, as other priorities loom.

I'm still looking for more photos, so please forward them, especially if you have any of the award presentations, including the raffles.

At this point, I do not think that I will be able to publish the AAR before October. My apologies.

Chris

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Since Chris has been delayed in posting the CASLO report, I thought that I would share the final rankings, which I happen to have. Some players did not play in every round.

Name AREA RATING final points
Adrian Earle 1675 51
Ken Young 1632 51
Mark Evans 1532 48
Jeff Wasserman 1472 39
Michael Rodgers 1563 38
Paul Suderman 1539 38
Brad Knoll 1533 37
Keith Hill 1434 35
Doug Rimmer 1499 33
Andre Escobedo 1446 33
Erik LIndblad 1471 24
Russell Williams 1427 24
Chris Doary 1505 23
Martin Hicks 1501 23
Rob MacDonald 1437 23
Steffen Knippel 1424 22
Jim Suderman 1350 22
Reg Plummer 1463 21
Nathan Scott 1399 12
Blair Bellamy 1397 11
Mike Suderman 1400 10
Mark MacNeil 1498 0
Eric Laimer 1495 0
Liam Whelen 1250 0

kempenfelter

Motivational Speaker
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Shouldn't Mr. Knippel chime in at this point to confirm CASLO 2012 is only five months away and will be held in Winnipeg?