2009 NFL postseason predictions

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Lot of crazy stuff going on in the NFL these days. And a lot of top teams fell flat this week, muddying the postseason picture a little more than it already was.

My prediction is that the Colts, Saints, and Eagles will be hard to beat. The Eagles have won 5 in a row and seem to be hot going into the postseason, which is always a good thing. When the Saints look good, they look really good. And the Colts are rolling. That said, I wouldn't count out Arizona or the Patriots just yet.

Mini-Me

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I predict my beloved Cowboys will get a Wild Card berth and lose their first playoff game. Underachievers.

Marty Ward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I was hoping for two undefeated teams in the Super Bowl but that's out.
AFC -Indy, Cincy, NE, SD, Pittsburg and Denver
NFC - NO, Minnesota, Arizona, Philly, Dallas and Green Bay
I'm going with Philadelphia and San Deigo in the Super bowl with a San Diego victory.

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
We need to wait and see who makes the postseason. However:

AFC - IND, SD, NE, CIN, BAL & MIA
NFC - NO, MIN, PHI, ARZ, GB & DAL

AFC Champ - SD @ IND - IND
NFC Champ - PHI @ MIN - PHI

SB - IND vs PHI - IND

Just a guess at this point. We pick games all season long on our website: http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

pward

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Blah blah blah, football <of either variety or baseball/basketball/hockey/cricket/etc.>

Can't you guys see this place is for political arguments and name calling!

You should get your own sports sub-forum and stay out of the pub!!!!

(It's a good thing I'm typing, because I couldn't have said that with a straight face...)

;)

Markdv5208

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's a sure bet.

The Browns and Lions will F-up there high first round picks.

That would be an OUCH and a CRITICAL HIT comment if ever I read one.....

What were the Lions thinking drafting and then paying M.Stafford all that money? Wasn't that THE kiss of death ie he was guaranteed an injury or SOMETHING going wrong?

JMHO...

Mark DV
Ada, MI

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
IND v MIN - Superbowl

IND wins it all.
Don't see MIN making it now. Absolutely no running game from AP, who is supposed to be the best RB in the league (somebody needs to tell Chris Johnson). Favre's go to guy, Percy Harvin, has been dinged up and suffering from migraines. PHI plays good D and while the same could be said of MIN you can't tell by watching them the past month. :nada:

Plus, as soon as Favre calls an audible Chilly will threaten to bench him. :(

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The Super Bowl is going to be awesome this year. After blowing two punts by shanking them - including a 7 yard punt - in the first half, the same kicker will also blow a field goal on the last play of the game while two points down, but the opposing team will be penalized for too many men on the field with no time on the clock and get a final chance to redeem himself by redoing the kick ten yards closer. After spending all season about bragging how the "13th man" on the field is the enemy's worst nightmare, referring to their vivid fan support in every stadium across the country, the 13th man will turn out to be a literal dream crusher. All carried out against a backdrop of two-foot snowbanks. I'll also attend the game to carry the national flag onto the field in the pre-game show.

Wait a minute. That's not the Super Bowl. That was the Grey Cup back in November. What an awesome game it was, too.

The Super Bowl should be the usual collection of really good TV commercials interrupted by so-so football. George Will - a noted baseball fanatic - may have had a point when he said "Football combines the two worst things about America. It is violence punctuated by committee meetings."