20,000 ghosts

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
HI-
This scenario is #2 in the CiN series soon to be published. Might as well post an AAR for new testers.

I was the German attacker in this playing, and after designing this one, I promptly lost both times I played, as Germs and as Norge. So was looking for redemption. This was also vs Steve Anderson, a long time friend who is responsible for my 2 earlier defeats.

My main attack went to the North over the stream and through the woods to the north hill with my HMG and CO. This was fine, but on the other flank, I stepped into a minefield (twilight zone) with a platoon stack and over 4 turns, in which only 1 MMC was able to get out, eventually lost (KIA'd) 2 of the 3 squds that ventured in. I managed to take and hold the VC bldg on the edge of bd 39 and sent a couple MMCs up onto the hill to attack the PB. His sqd manning the MMG broke on a lucky shot and never rallied, so this task was easily achieved. He placed his roadblock on the railroad and his HMG nearby, so I engaged them and flanked them with the attack group. It was at this point that his bergkanon opened up and KIA'd an important sqd, but that was all he got out of it and his crew ran away for lunch. I thought I had the VP bldg buffet opened when I advanced a squd onto a HS for CC, he had very scant troops behind this HS, but when he beatup my CC troops without loss, this attack was thwarted. On the final turn, I went into a desperate CC attack and failed to kill him, but when he rolled 6,6 I was able to withdraw into adjacent VP bldgs and pretty much gained the win then and there. Final score was Germs 24, Norge 20. A memorable game for sure.

Any who are interested in testing these Norwegian scenarios, let me know. Satisfaction guaranteed or yer money back.

regards-
Bru :twisted: Dont fear the Reaper :evil:

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
CiN

Scott-
Glad you liked the aar..more will follow as they are tested fully.

Not sure who these will end up with. I've given the means of publication little thought at this point as the research and development of the series is taking up most of my think time.
I've sent off a sample to a guy who does some testing for a major ASL publisher, but since they have recently produced material centered on the Norwegian campaign, hope for "official" publication is slim. Any ideas?

Bru

syfaulk

Reaction score
Bruce wrote:

hope for "official" publication is slim. Any ideas?
Well, I get your clues and better not comment on them. I know that there are a few scenario producing entities out there that would love to be handed a pack of well-researched and playtested scenarios.

Best of luck with them, from the AAR above, looks like you've got something good.

-Scott