2 Questions....

Tycho

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Is there a help file beyond the one on the VASL site? I mean, I KNOW we all love to read and write technical manuals :mad:

2. Is there a way to just grab a few units in a stack and move them all at once? I've tried all the contortions I can think of to get it to work. By now I'm sure my log files look retarded... :clown:
TIA,

Tycho

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I don't know of an all-encompassing help file. There are certainly posts and such scattered around that cover parts of VASL.

To grab parts of a stack:
'Expand' the stack by double-clicking so that you can see all elements of it.
Use shift-click to pick multiple elements.

Note that it's difficult to use this if you're moving those units up, since the upper elements of the stack often cover up the hex where you want to move. If you're splitting units out of a concealed stack, they'll lose concealment; it's usually best to clone the concealment counter and move that out with them.

Sgt. Przybylo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Milne said:
To grab parts of a stack:
'Expand' the stack by double-clicking so that you can see all elements of it.
Use shift-click to pick multiple elements.

Note that it's difficult to use this if you're moving those units up, since the upper elements of the stack often cover up the hex where you want to move. If you're splitting units out of a concealed stack, they'll lose concealment; it's usually best to clone the concealment counter and move that out with them.

Thanks Chris, I wondered about that too.

Legion

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Though i think it is one of the aspects of VASL that could do with some improvement, never seems to work very well for me... :(