1776 Mods

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
New to the game. Are there any recommended mods to the game? Looked in download section but descriptions are vague as to what they modify. Looks like maps, but not sure. Looking mostly for 3D mods.

Thanks

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
Alrighty then...*insert cricket sounds*...guess either this title is not played much anymore or no 3D mods exsist.:upset:

Atle

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
New to the game. Are there any recommended mods to the game? Looked in download section but descriptions are vague as to what they modify. Looks like maps, but not sure. Looking mostly for 3D mods.

Thanks
Hi,

What kind of mods are you looking for? 3D ground & terrain mods? 3D unit mods? If you look at the download section, second page, you will find my 3D mod for 3D terrain features. I do not know if there are any unit mods around here, but I have a decent collection of 3D icons I can PM you if interested :smoke:

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Atle. I figured the mods on the download section were terrain mods. I would be interested in your 3D icons too.

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I play in 2D myself, so haven't spent any time looking for 3D mods. Those found on this site are most likely what exists.

There's a solid group of people playing this and the other EAW titles over at the CCC, but not too many here, though I would love to see that change one day...

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I play in 2D myself, so haven't spent any time looking for 3D mods. Those found on this site are most likely what exists.

There's a solid group of people playing this and the other EAW titles over at the CCC, but not too many here, though I would love to see that change one day...
I too, just play with 2D

Its like a ghost town here!!!!!!!

Bison36

Recruit
Reaction score
I have mostly been playing in 2D (which I just figured out had 2 types of unit icons the little rifle guy and the line, column style), but I like the 3D for facing and miniature feel.

skrantsky

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm with you Bison. 3D graphics are the way to go! .....there are many mods around for 3D enhancements.....

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I've been playing around with a 2D mod, based in part on, along the style of MapMod. (Been doing this simultaneously in EAW, NB, and CWB) - I hit a snag in CWB ( as well as the last 2 NB titles -possibly more) when it turned out they are using 28 levels of elevation as opposed to 14 -- more color choices needed - so I hit on the idea of trying out textures). At any rate it got me learning how to edit those in.

Just a progress report - this shot (along with a CWB shot of the same thing) is so new I haven't had time to add it to the blog... :)

Last edited:

Compass Rose

Reaction score
trauth116,

Nice looking map.

I sure do recognize that game map. I played my 1st PBEM game against rahamy in that battle. rahamy demonstrated to me many different strategic maneuvers, among them, how to overrun and decimate your enemy!!!

Compass Rose

Reaction score
Hopefully, you'll be getting some info to help you out, from the 3D players. Sorry, I can't help, I'm a 2D player.

Do you PBEM? If so, and you are looking for a game, shoot me a PM or email. I also have the rest of the series if you'd like something different.

Good Luck!