$1700, would you ?

tmanmerlin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you wanted the full nationality sets, and the ASL GW sets, approx 18 and 16, at, lets say $50 each, would you drop $1700?

I got a couple of the GW one's. It's just not happening for me, FWIW.

The look great, in concept, but ... that is a lot of dough.

I was thinking maybe a Nat set or two. Oddly enough, free french desert looks interesting.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If you wanted the full nationality sets, and the ASL GW sets, approx 18 and 16, at, lets say $50 each, would you drop $1700?

I got a couple of the GW one's. It's just not happening for me, FWIW.

The look great, in concept, but ... that is a lot of dough.

I was thinking maybe a Nat set or two. Oddly enough, free french desert looks interesting.
I think you answered your own question there, most people would buy the odd nationality set

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have no interest in the GW sets or in most of the sets that duplicate official counters (e.g. Classic Russians) so I will only pick up odd nationality sets.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Most of the sets are just not compelling some are. I think the French and the Axis Minors are a good idea. I wish some of the lend lease tanks would have found its way into the Free French set but I still would probably have bought it even if I knew it did not. I am also not too sure about the yellow Italians that is kind of a strange choice.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am also not too sure about the yellow Italians that is kind of a strange choice.
I am not sure about that either. I am not sure what is in this set that isn't covered by HL but I think i would have gone with the same grey as the MMP Italians especially if there are overlap + supplemental counters.

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I got the NW Europe set for the ToT type Ordnance.

The British counters are olive drab, not the tan that CH has published in the past. I believe they are looking to make the nationality colors more authentic to what the nation's armed forces wore.