159 White Tigers Rubble SSR

Steven Pleva

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Scenario 159 White Tigers uses PTO with the following SSR: "All Single-Story houses on board 22 are rubble hexes (wooden or stone as per the building type)." Which is the correct way to apply this SSR along with PTO?

This:
1) Appropriate Single-Story Houses become Huts
2) All remaining Single-Story Houses become Rubble

Or this:
1) All Single-Story Houses become Rubble
2) Nothing left to become Huts

Thanks,
Steve

Binchois

Too many words...
Reaction score
First name
Lester
Country
llUnited States
I assume you would prefer a designer's input on this, but for what it's worth, I would go with your first option (convert some to huts and rubble the rest). Otherwise, it seems that the SSR could have stated that "all single-hex buildings" are rubble. Using "single-story houses" invites a distinction with huts as board 22 contains several, hut-able hexes yet no multi-level, single hex buildings...

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Designer intent would be useful.

When I played this earlier this year we went with option 2. Here is why:

G5.1 Whenever PTO Terrain (G.1) is in effect, each wooden Single Story House (B23.21) whose hex contains ≥ two separate buildings, but no partial building depiction, becomes a hut. Except as stated otherwise, huts are treated as wooden Single Story Houses (unless Collapsed; 5.51) and all huts in the same hex are considered one hut for rules purposes.

So, even if PTO terrain converts them to huts, unless otherwise stated they are treated as wooden Single Story Houses. Not otherwise stated, so therefore they become rubble along with the rest of the wooden Single Story Houses.

JT

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
However, if they were Huts and would be destroyed they would not create Rubble but Hut Debris. Option 1 sounds like the most probable intent as both Rubble & Huts are mentioned in the SSR.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
However, if they were Huts and would be destroyed they would not create Rubble but Hut Debris. Option 1 sounds like the most probable intent as both Rubble & Huts are mentioned in the SSR.
:rolleyes:... I don't see huts mentioned in the SSR...

upload_2017-11-15_0-6-12.png

We felt our interpretation followed the rules logic--- thereby setting aside the question of designer intent.

Too bad it was not more explicitly stated in the reprint.

JT

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:rolleyes:... I don't see huts mentioned in the SSR...
You don't see that part where it says "PTO Terrain is in effect", which comes before the rubble instruction?

However, this has come up before, there may even be q&a out there for it. I don't remember the consensus, but I think option 2 was the intent.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I don't think the fact that huts do not become rubble is relevant. Huts are treated as single storey houses. All single storey houses become rubble. All huts are now rubble. If a hut is collapsed during play then it would become collapsed but this SSR is changing one terrain type to another prior to play.