10.2 LLTC

rw527

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
A squad and a leader are in the same hex containing a gully. The squad is in crest status, but the leader is down in the gully. If the leader breaks, does the squad take a LLTC?

VW

Reaction score
I think no. They are in the same hex but not the same location. Right?

da priest

Reaction score
Nate Stapf said:
No, units on a crest counter and untis IN the same hex gully are in te same location.
From Chapter K: "Crest status is still considered to be the same Location as the bottom of the Depression because, if a firer has a LOS to both, his fire can affect units both in Crest status and IN the Depression. However, for purposes of leadership and SW Possession, Transfer, and Recovery (only), each Crest counter is treated as a separate Location from the Depression and any other Crest counters therein." :alien:

Last edited:

da priest

Reaction score
"A2.8 LOCATION: A hex may contain separate subdivisions within itself (i.e., units may occupy the same hex but still be in separate Locations within that hex). ... A leader on one level cannot affect the performance of units on another level (i.e., a Crest leader cannot affect units IN a Depression)."

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I don't know about anybody else, but that just confused me! You seem to be saying it is the same location, then it isn't. You may have to put this in Barny terminology for some of us.

da priest

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:
Wow, I don't know about anybody else, but that just confused me! You seem to be saying it is the same location, then it isn't. You may have to put this in Barny terminology for some of us.
The squad doesn't take the leader loss check...