1. Overstacking in RtPh 2. Ldr joining

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
A MMC has to rout, but in order to go to a destination hex, it would have to rout through a hex where there are already 3 MMC.
1. Is that allowed in SK?
2. There is a leader in the hex through which the MMC would rout, can the ldr join the broken MMC from there on, to the destination hex or does the ldr have to be in the hex where the MMC is starting from?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Overstacking in ASLSK is not allowed, except by vehicles during the MPh.

Voluntary Rout (the ASL name for an unbroken leader routing with a MMC) can be done only if the leader begins with the MMC (3.6).

JR

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
Overstacking in ASLSK is not allowed, except by vehicles during the MPh
Even not if the routing unit only passes through that hex in order to rout to it's destination hex?

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
2.0 Stacking gives an unqualified limit to stacking. As far as I know there are no exceptions for infantry. For vehicles 3.3.2 gives implicit permission for a vehicle to enter a location with another friendly vehicle by giving the cost to do so, although it doesn't explicitly override 2.0. To my mind it is not sufficient as a proof, but recognizing that these are game rules I accept that the intent was to allow friendly vehicles to drive through other friendly vehicles. There is no equivalent rule or hint for friendly infantry stacking. One thing that increases my belief that infantry may not overstack ever is that there is no rule discussing the MF cost of doing so, unlike with vehicles. 3.6 does not create an exception, but it does say that a hex that would become overstacked must be ignored as a rout target, meaning that there was at least some awareness of stacking when writing the rout rules.

JR

LionelR

Reaction score
Country
llBelgium
sorry for the late answer
Thank you for the help. All clear