1.11 patch has been released

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone believe that even BF is that stupid as to release MG before they fix the CM 2.0 upgrade? Who would buy it then and not wait till the 2.01 Upgrade finally gets patched and fixed first? It isn't even a moot point. The reality is that BF released the Upgrade (a product) and now have to fix it due to broken code. They are also declaring gameplay changes related to machine gun modeling.
I think you are overvaluing the fixes in the patch. What else has been announced besides a tweaking of MGs? I personally haven't had a big problem as they are now (if Runyon99 is seeing this he can attest to what 3 or for German machines guns can do to a platoon advancing in the open. For kicks maybe I'll post a screen shot of that piles of corpses he caused me to have....it was ugly). But the multitudes have spoken on the issue and been heard..... Either way if MG came out before the patch I can't imagine it would affect sales in the least.

Elvis is probably right if talking about the 1.12 patch. It really is a base patch. And it does only effect CMBN 1.0+CW 1.0. Market Garden won't be a module option for this dead-end product line. This is probably the last patch for it also barring some massive unforeseen issue not caught in the extensive testing ("Hey Elvis! You finish playing that CM 1.0 Realtime game like I asked ya?").

But it's clear that Steve has said that it is taking longer to release the 2.01 patch (as usual). If I follow Elvis' line of reasoning, there is no problem with continuing to march along with testing and developing the MG module using the faulty CM 2.0 Upgrade and not using the machine gun change to 'test' scenarios and such. Seems a bit odd to me. Will they, finally, patch the MG test schedule once the CM 2.0 Upgrade Patch is released?
Finally you getting the one thing I've been saying. Thank you.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Finally you getting the one thing I've been saying. Thank you.
I don't 'get it'. And you are not selling me at all on these products given the strange testing/thinking that seems to be going on. Even the most rabid CM fan will start to buy in a more 'wait-and-see' manner.

Only a numbskull would release Market Garden before the Upgrade patch. Maybe that Marketing Position would fit you nicely.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Only a numbskull would release Market Garden before the Upgrade patch. Maybe that Marketing Position would fit you nicely.
I never said that. It may or may not be. If it is then I don't believe the 2.01 patch not being released will make a dent on MG sales. If someone intends to buy MG they'll do it regardless.

All I have been saying is that the patch development has absolutely nothing to do with the module development (other than, as I mentioned earlier, the cost of programmer time). For a brief moment I thought you understood what I was saying. I guess I was wrong. My writing skills are too weak for me to think of other ways to say it. So, I guess you're stuck not getting it.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
If it is then I don't believe the 2.01 patch not being released will make a dent on MG sales.
Well, I 'get this', you are at least making a statement. And it makes no sense to me. The last sold product, CM 2.0, is still waiting to be fixed, and they want more money? And Market Garden being sold is based on 'tested' CM 2.0? But, you shop differently than many people.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And Market Garden being sold is based on 'tested' CM 2.0?
I didn't say MG was being tested on either 2.0 or 2.1, did I?

And since you're talking about 2.0. What "broken code" are you referring to? Any machine gun tweak apply to all WW2 CMx2 games, 2.0 and older. What is "broken" that is being unbroken in 2.01?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I didn't say MG was being tested on either 2.0 or 2.1, did I?
I am afraid at this point, you will have to track "what you say" or "didn't say". It's unreasonable to expect other people to have to track it.

And logically, MG has been developed under 2.0. Or do you have some further smoke to blow about that?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
And since you're talking about 2.0. What "broken code" are you referring to? Any machine gun tweak apply to all WW2 CMx2 games, 2.0 and older. What is "broken" that is being unbroken in 2.01?
Got your list together yet?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Got your list together yet?
What list? What are you even talking about? Is your point that 2.01 is taking so long because the list is so long? So short? How would anyone except BF employees and vollies going to know what they are working on? You could, for once, read the Tech Yelp page at BF and get an idea of what people have problems with...?

I never over-value fixes. They aren't fixes yet.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Today, 05:39 PM
Battlefront.com
Administrator

We're nearing completion of v2.01. We keep finding "just one more thing" to fix/tweak, but I think we're just about done with that now. Which means a deceivingly significant patch is on its way to you guys.

Then v1.12 for Normandy and v1.02 for Italy.

Steve
compared to...
I think you are overvaluing the fixes in the patch
So, again we see the pessimism of Elvis juxtaposed against the Flaming of Steve. "Deceivingly Significant"....I am completely not undervalueing it at ALLL!!!

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Why didn't they do the v1.12 and v1.02 patches first? Didn't they know it doodnint matter to have 2.01 first?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What list? What are you even talking about? Is your point that 2.01 is taking so long because the list is so long? So short? How would anyone except BF employees and vollies going to know what they are working on? You could, for once, read the Tech Yelp page at BF and get an idea of what people have problems with...?

I never over-value fixes. They aren't fixes yet.
Does anyone believe that even BF is that stupid as to release MG before they fix the CM 2.0 upgrade? Who would buy it then and not wait till the 2.01 Upgrade finally gets patched and fixed first? It isn't even a moot point. The reality is that BF released the Upgrade (a product) and now have to fix it due to broken code. They are also declaring gameplay changes related to machine gun modeling.
I'm asking what "broken code" you, NUTTERNAME, are expecting to see unbroken with the patch. What "broken code" that is so bad that someone wouldn't buy MG until it was fixed. It has been said that machine guns will be tweaked, aside from that what do you feel needs to be/will be addressed in the v2.01 patch?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

compared to...

So, again we see the pessimism of Elvis juxtaposed against the Flaming of Steve. "Deceivingly Significant"....I am completely not undervalueing it at ALLL!!!
Have we ever seen a patch, going back to the first CMBO patch, where people didn't say "is that all" or "they didn't 'fix' xxx"? I always expect a group of underwhelmed people, along with the "WHOOT!!!!!!" people.

Which is why I asked the question above.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
To be honest I prefer that they do one major combat mechanics problem fix per small release so that you can observe the result in isolation.

As long as they are being worked on at all I'm a happy camper, I just don't like the phase where the fanbois deny them and BFC doesn't show up and as a result nothing happens.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I'm asking what "broken code" you, NUTTERNAME, are expecting to see unbroken with the patch. What "broken code" that is so bad that someone wouldn't buy MG until it was fixed. It has been said that machine guns will be tweaked, aside from that what do you feel needs to be/will be addressed in the v2.01 patch?
I won't see anything till they patch the demo. And, I certainly have expressed in quite a few threads what I would like to see in the game. How you have now decided that you can demand anything as far as 'lists' and such is beyond me.

I am reading a really god book titled 'Army of Evil: a history of the SS' by Adrian Weale. It is mind-blowingly fascinating how the whole SS machine thought and the laws and methods they came up with. I hate to admit it, but some things were so absurd in their unintentional craziness that it made me laugh.

In any case, maybe what we are seeing here is 'Army of Elvis'. We see the onset of a power-sick SS puppy and his demanding sociopathic ways. Giddy with power, he has invaded a neighboring website and starts accusing those that oppose him of mental problems. Can my euthanasia be far off?

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
To be honest I prefer that they do one major combat mechanics problem fix per small release so that you can observe the result in isolation.

As long as they are being worked on at all I'm a happy camper, I just don't like the phase where the fanbois deny them and BFC doesn't show up and as a result nothing happens.
But, at this stage, that would actually mean...One Major Combat fix per each 'Game'...Right now, they need to crank three patches. EF would bring another but I am fairly sure (if that's OK with Elvis) that they won't be spending too many 'Man-Weeks' on programming time for this old shoe (CM 1.0).

Now...Do they release the other patches or MG first?

Last edited:

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Have we ever seen a patch, going back to the first CMBO patch, where people didn't say "is that all" or "they didn't 'fix' xxx"? I always expect a group of underwhelmed people, along with the "WHOOT!!!!!!" people.

Which is why I asked the question above.
So, do you think both those groups should have made lists first?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I won't see anything till they patch the demo. And, I certainly have expressed in quite a few threads what I would like to see in the game. How you have now decided that you can demand anything as far as 'lists' and such is beyond me.

I am reading a really god book titled 'Army of Evil: a history of the SS' by Adrian Weale. It is mind-blowingly fascinating how the whole SS machine thought and the laws and methods they came up with. I hate to admit it, but some things were so absurd in their unintentional craziness that it made me laugh.

In any case, maybe what we are seeing here is 'Army of Elvis'. We see the onset of a power-sick SS puppy and his demanding sociopathic ways. Giddy with power, he has invaded a neighboring website and starts accusing those that oppose him of mental problems. Can my euthanasia be far off?
I haven't (and wouldn't) "demand" anything. I just thought, with code so broken that it would prevent people from buying any future incarnations of it, that you might know of some things off the top of your head that you thought (or hoped) would be unbroken in the patch. I'm not interested enough to search through multiple threads for what I thought would be a short simple response. If you don't remember or are simply not interested in talking about them, that is cool with me.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So, do you think both those groups should have made lists first?

Without even going to the BFC forum, I would be surprised if there were not one or 2 threads on the first page with peoples wish lists for patches, future games, feature up grades etc..... Whether the "should" make a list is up to the poster, isn't it?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Without even going to the BFC forum, I would be surprised if there were not one or 2 threads on the first page with peoples wish lists for patches, future games, feature up grades etc..... Whether the "should" make a list is up to the poster, isn't it?
Unless I missed something, a quick look at the first page currently shows none.