1.11 patch has been released

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Unless I missed something, a quick look at the first page currently shows none.
Maybe your oberfuerhers at BF could, themselves, post a list, possibly a running list, of fixes/tweaks/unbreakages/twips/squirrely-poos/ and unbelievably-stupid-modeling-reversals as an ongoing living document that we can call 'The Elvis List of fixes/tweaks/unbreakages/twips/squirrely-poos/ and unbelievably-stupid-modeling-reversals'.

This way, both they, you and others would not have to guess at lists. Again, we are back to the guessing.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I just thought, with code so broken that it would prevent people from buying any future incarnations of it, that you might know of some things off the top of your head that you thought (or hoped) would be unbroken in the patch. I'm not interested enough to search through multiple threads for what I thought would be a short simple response.
It doesn't have to be a single thing, nor a list of things. In a nutshell, the basic infantry combat is nerfed. The other combat models all have issues on top of that. That is enough to stop me from purchasing. I am sure it's a funzo game for guys that like to charge MGs and such, but it ain't that fun enough to buy.

I am sure I will check out the Market Garden demo when it comes out. With the busy schedule they have going, I don't know if all the demo upgrading is high on the list.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But, at this stage, that would actually mean...One Major Combat fix per each 'Game'...Right now, they need to crank three patches. EF would bring another but I am fairly sure (if that's OK with Elvis) that they won't be spending too many 'Man-Weeks' on programming time for this old shoe (CM 1.0).

Now...Do they release the other patches or MG first?
They clearly have a pattern of releasing new code with a release, then make patches from that code. Makes sense for everybody (more revenue faster).

I meant one fix per module or game release. At that rate they could clean up the game in 2 years or so. Sounds long but how long have the MG problems or fortifications spotting or tank spotting going on? Since 2007.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In a nutshell, the basic infantry combat is nerfed.
I think my initial "you're overvaluing the patch" will apply to you. There will not be a wholesale revamping of the infantry system.

Now stop goofing around and send me the demo PBEM file for the game we've been threatening to play.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
They clearly have a pattern of releasing new code with a release, then make patches from that code. Makes sense for everybody (more revenue faster).

I meant one fix per module or game release. At that rate they could clean up the game in 2 years or so. Sounds long but how long have the MG problems or fortifications spotting or tank spotting going on? Since 2007.

{ole man voice} Hey! YOU!!!! Get off my Machinegun Thread!!! {old man voice/}

Uh, the MG discussion goes back to CMBO. It all comes about because the private company has two 'chairbourne-commandos' that started the company and don't know twat about weapons. And it's the same old story, once the 'standard' has been set, reality has a hard time burrowing in.

But I see your point since they might (I said might Elvis) do multiple tweaks to rate of fire, cover, morale, etc. Basically soup. Soup Nazis.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I think my initial "you're overvaluing the patch" will apply to you. There will not be a wholesale revamping of the infantry system.

Now stop goofing around and send me the demo PBEM file for the game we've been threatening to play.
How would you know? You ever stand a post? Put your life in another man's hands? Go through his foot locker and steal his dental floss???

How about you post them pics of your thunderous charge into three machine-guns? Then I can make fun of you at will. Then we can play (because you are already on tilt).

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How would you know? You ever stand a post? Put your life in another man's hands? Go through his foot locker and steal his dental floss???
I once massaged Pengs gums with a beer can pull tab (you kids wouldn't know what that is)....does that count?

How about you post them pics of your thunderous charge into three machine-guns? Then I can make fun of you at will. Then we can play (because you are already on tilt).
Ask and you shall receive....

I don't feel like going back and trying to figure out which of the turns the dying happened. (There are 20 minutes lift in a 180 minute battle) Here is the field of death. I got a platoon pretty far into it before he opened up on me. He had either 4 or 5 MGs. A mix of MG42s and MG34s. In this picture I've made circles where I remember guns being set up. My corpses closest to the guns are about 400m away. My dead from where this screen shot was taken is about 600m......Enjoy.

Here is the clump about 400m away looking back

And here is an overhead (I circled to big clump to give an idea of who is where)

In the second screen shot you can see a hedgerow. I had multiple mortars there to provide cover. None of them could hit a thing. All their rounds came up short although the guns were certainly in range. I had scouted the field before trying to cross it and met no resistance. Caught in the open I was chewed up.

The good news for me was that in this MASSIVE battle losing a platoon didn't put a dent in my forces. I have been very successful in losing most of the rest of my men in other ares of the map.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I once massaged Pengs gums with a beer can pull tab (you kids wouldn't know what that is)....does that count?

Uh, I was just looking for a LOS tool to show some guys how to play SL. Only one guy, Randy from MN, liked it and we had quite a few games.

I...I really don't know what to say about the gums. Last I heard, Peng was saving the world with Facebook and had proved that white males from the future had went back in time and caused all the ice ages to cover up present day global warming.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What happened in the above screen shots PBEM turns were happening while I was hearing a lot of talk about the ineffectiveness of MGs against advancing infantry. As you can imagine, I didn't have too much sympathy for the cause at that time.....

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
What happened in the above screen shots PBEM turns were happening while I was hearing a lot of talk about the ineffectiveness of MGs against advancing infantry. As you can imagine, I didn't have too much sympathy for the cause at that time.....
A list...

How did you 'advance'?

End of list

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Most squads and teams used "Quick" movement. I thought I was in a reasonably safe area and wanted to get across the open ground as soon as possible.
Most squads and teams used "Quick" movement. I thought I was in a reasonably safe area and wanted to get across the open ground as soon as possible.
Uh, OK...'Soldier-Boy'.

You need to be beaten down in a a public venue. Not for any specific reason, mind you. Just..(old saying)..."G-P's".

If BF updates the demos you can choose any side you like and I will defeat your civvie poser-pucker-hole.

I would have knocked down half that platoon with a M60 GPMG at that range. Two M60 would have done a sick job. Four MG would have stopped a company approach or better.

Your inane tactics are not a guage of what MGs can do.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uh, OK...'Soldier-Boy'.

You need to be beaten down in a a public venue. Not for any specific reason, mind you. Just..(old saying)..."G-P's".

If BF updates the demos you can choose any side you like and I will defeat your civvie poser-pucker-hole.
I'd rather start sooner than later. And I think waitin for the next demo is what stopped us before.

Your inane tactics are not a guage of what MGs can do.

Maybe, maybe not. But hearing people talk about squads charging MGs and overrunning them their positions while watching this mess happen didn't give me much sympathy for the cause.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I'd rather start sooner than later. And I think waitin for the next demo is what stopped us before.
Maybe, maybe not. But hearing people talk about squads charging MGs and overrunning them their positions while watching this mess happen didn't give me much sympathy for the cause.
I think the only demo scenario worth playing is the CMFI one with US (only) vs. Germ. There are 5 German MG in that small battle area. Since you think the MG are deadly enough as is, I suppose I get to be the US. If you want, we can play with no armor or ATG. Each player parks his tanks and ATG and abandons them.

And it is not lost on me that this thread has transmogrified into a 'Peng' challenge thng. So, I will beat Elvis to it...

Wankers.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think the only demo scenario worth playing is the CMFI one with US (only) vs. Germ. There are 5 German MG in that small battle area. Since you think the MG are deadly enough as is, I suppose I get to be the US. If you want, we can play with no armor or ATG. Each player parks his tanks and ATG and abandons them.

And it is not lost on me that this thread has transmogrified into a 'Peng' challenge thng. So, I will beat Elvis to it...

Wankers.
Sounds good but if there is any way to keep armor and ATG in, I would appreciate it. EVERY PBEM I am playing now is 100% infantry. But if you'd rather not, no worries....I'
m easy. The one thing I ask is that I HATE Iron level and usually play Elite.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Sounds good but if there is any way to keep armor and ATG in, I would appreciate it. EVERY PBEM I am playing now is 100% infantry. But if you'd rather not, no worries....I'
m easy. The one thing I ask is that I HATE Iron level and usually play Elite.
I thought the point was infantry firepower and machine-guns in particular? But, if this is the 'Test Procedure Process' that you are demonstrating, as used in the free-wheeling-beta-brigade, well... I am very flattered that you would share it with me, and yet, absolutely concerned at the same time. So, yes and no, yes to whatever Elite is, and NO to any 'Steve_Combined_Arms_Design_For_Confusion'.

I am quite the pleasure to know in private life, my wife tells me...

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I thought we were just playing for the fun of playing a game.....not to make a point. But sure, like I said.....I'm easy.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
I thought we were just playing for the fun of playing a game.....not to make a point. But sure, like I said.....I'm easy.
Hmmm... I would someday like to ask your wife to ask. But that would be forward. And you are transfixed on 'Mothers' anyway. But I must say, damn...I mean DAMN!....You have a truly beautiful wife! And you are basically, y'know... a ginzo shlub

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
We aren't even betting here. And we see the problems.

Elvis. Costello. Juan? Can't you just Man-Up and play the game I proposed without telling everyone you are 'EZ'? I ain't looking for no gum-orgasm man, just say 'OK, I don't have no personality disorder, I will play..."

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok. I have no personality disorders. I will play.

Remember, the first file is password only. After that each turn is movie and plot.