1.11 patch has been released

slm

Reaction score
Maybe only things that work correctly count as features :)
Anyway, this is good news and hopefully 2.0 will soon follow.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
•Tiny explosions don't damage tank tracks so much
It's about time those tiny explosions got featured and fixed

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's what is in the patch:

NEW v1.11 GAME FEATURES

Corrected crashes related to barbed wire units.
Corrected a rare crash/hang problem in WeGo "blue bar" calculation.
Corrected the occasional failure of "buddy aid" to retrieve useful ammo from fallen comrades, and accidentally to adopt their targeting orders.
Corrected a problem that sometimes made fortifications too hard or too easy to spot.
Panther "shot trap" on the lower turret mantlet (potentially) deflects shots downward into the hull as expected.
British 95mm HEAT shell has correct amount of internal explosive (reduced from before).
Corrected a problem in WeGo mode that sometimes caused vehicle passengers to rotate forward when they should not.
TCP/IP "chat" text is easier to see clearly.
Teams that are part of a squad properly retain their setup positions from the editor.
SPW 250/10 and 251/9 halftrack loaders perform correctly when vehicle is buttoned.
Wood bunkers are a bit tougher to knock out.
Corrected a problem that sometimes gave on-map artillery the ability to shoot through intervening terrain.
Corrected a problem that sometimes incorrectly restricted on-map artillery from firing smoke missions.
Targeting a TRP directly using the mouse works correctly.
Corrected a problem that occasionally caused a destroyed building to have "floating" rubble.
Prone soldiers on a slope angle their bodies correctly.
Bolt-action rifles properly show the spent casing ejected when the bolt is operated.
Corrected an issue with command & control values being promptly updated when splitting a squad.
Tiny explosions don't damage tank tracks so much.
Corrected some AI issues that caused soldiers to move away from their teams, or caused the team to be "stuck" and not move when they should.
In the editor, hedges allow co-placement of trees like bocage does.
Light wounds to crew are slightly more likely to cause AFV bailout.
Corrections made to Luftwaffe and Waffen SS camouflage helmets.
Updated graphical shaders.
Updated vehicle models (Commonwealth module): Wespe, PzII Lynx, Marder I, King Tiger, Jagdpanther, Cromwell, Churchill.

On the Mac side, there were Mac specific graphical and stability fixes:

Fixed "blockheads" problem.
Increased performance significantly for most Macs.
Fixed some bugs that were keeping Combat Mission from starting on some Macs.
Improved compatibility with some integrated Mac video cards.
Fixed "flickering icons" for most Macs.
Fixed some Mac-specific crash bugs.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Corrected a problem in WeGo mode that sometimes caused vehicle passengers to rotate forward when they should not.
Some of these 'bullets' are worded rather oddly.

(When should they rotate forward?)

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Light wounds to crew are slightly more likely to cause AFV bailout.
"slightly more likely"? What's wrong with just saying ... "Lightly woundaging to crew(s) is tinally more likelying to cause AFV bailoutages"

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mac download on gamershell doesn't work. Says "wrong key". Not a good beginning.

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Mac download on gamershell doesn't work. Says "wrong key". Not a good beginning.
I wish I could help ya mate but I know nothing about the Macs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 5 times in the last week to test different installs and haven't encountered anything like that. Have you contacted the Help Desk?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish I could help ya mate but I know nothing about the Macs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game 5 times in the last week to test different installs and haven't encountered anything like that. Have you contacted the Help Desk?
You don't have to have a mac. It's the download that fails.

And the second download isn't available unless you "wait in line". The first link is the only one that works, well except...

... that this doesn't begin to address the usual issue, which is that BFC neither digitally signs these things, nor publishes checksums, so you have no idea whether it has been messed with while stored at this third party website. And since many antivirus systems identify various pieces of CMx2 code as malware (and they are very correct in being cautious about it) many users even have to tell their av systems to just assume it's fine.

NUTTERNAME

Reaction score
Country
llVietnam
Redwolf, you need to develop patience. There are many thousands of MAC-CM customers ahead of you. Tens of thousands. Maybe Trillions!

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf, you need to develop patience. There are many thousands of MAC-CM customers ahead of you. Tens of thousands. Maybe Trillions!
John Kettler reports that 3 out of 3 sites failed for him, and somebody else downloaded that monster only to get a corrupted file.

WTF, BFC. Elvis please fix or somefink.

Talon_XbmcX

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You don't have to have a mac. It's the download that fails.

And the second download isn't available unless you "wait in line". The first link is the only one that works, well except...

... that this doesn't begin to address the usual issue, which is that BFC neither digitally signs these things, nor publishes checksums, so you have no idea whether it has been messed with while stored at this third party website. And since many antivirus systems identify various pieces of CMx2 code as malware (and they are very correct in being cautious about it) many users even have to tell their av systems to just assume it's fine.
Not only would a digital signature be nice ... but Battlefront's mis-reporting the filesizes doesn't help as either. I kept looking for for ~120mb PC download but could only find the ~50mb PC download.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Present. How may I be of assistance to you at this time?
I think you are the best hope to drive a message home that BFC really isn't doing themselves a favor with their messy patch distribution and their antivirus alerts.

Are you still on the beta board or somewhere else where this could bring this up?

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think you are the best hope to drive a message home that BFC really isn't doing themselves a favor with their messy patch distribution and their antivirus alerts.

Are you still on the beta board or somewhere else where this could bring this up?
"They" have been made aware.

You did get me thinking about something semi-related. I guess the 2.0 upgrade will on be on the BFC servers because it is being sold.