0 ROF Gun

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
May a 0 ROF Gun marked with Prep/First Fire counter use Intensive Fire?

The wording in the Intensive Fire paragraph of page 11 of the ASLSK4 RB is confusing me.

My assumption is that an NON-FIRED 0 ROF MA/Gun that changes its CA is marked IF after the (first shot).

Thanks
Velo

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
It would be helpful if you used rule numbers in addition to page numbers. I have not received my SK#4, so page references are not necessarily the same.

A Gun without ROF printed on the counter can use intensive fire (as long as it is not "No IF"). One may not use intensive fire after changing CA.

JR

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
I was using page numbers cause SK RB can be rather lengthy between numerical references.
I understand your reasoning, and I acknowledge the concern. I am using ASLSK EP. So far the page numbers have aligned, but I don't know if they always will. I would suggest using both just in case. I am fairly sure that earlier ASLSKs will not align with page numbers, so someone using ASLSK #2 or #3 will probably have more difficulty trying to follow your questions.

Does it matter if the 0 ROF has fired or not prior to the CA change?

Or

Does an CA negate/preclude IF for a 0 ROF gun.
The Intensive Fire attack can include a CA change. A gun with no printed ROF that has not fired is marked with a Prep or first fire marker when it fires without changing CA. A gun with no printed ROF that has not fired is marked with a IF marker when it changes CA as it fires. A gun marked with a prep or first fire counter can use intensive fire, including changing CA as part of the attack.

JR

Velocette

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I understand your reasoning, and I acknowledge the concern. I am using ASLSK EP. So far the page numbers have aligned, but I don't know if they always will. I would suggest using both just in case. I am fairly sure that earlier ASLSKs will not align with page numbers, so someone using ASLSK #2 or #3 will probably have more difficulty trying to follow your questions.

The Intensive Fire attack can include a CA change. A gun with no printed ROF that has not fired is marked with a Prep or first fire marker when it fires without changing CA. A gun with no printed ROF that has not fired is marked with a IF marker when it changes CA as it fires. A gun marked with a prep or first fire counter can use intensive fire, including changing CA as part of the attack.

JR
JRV,

Thanks so much for the clarification on this! Tracking on all.

Velo

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Is this different to standard ASL? I've never played it tgat a 0 for gun cannot intensive fire after changing .CA.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
Wow C2.5. Glad I follow this forum. Been playing that wrongly forever!
It's not often that you have a no ROF gun that wants to make an intensive fire shot after changing CA. You probably have played that wrongly never.

JR