‘Best’ large scenario?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
I categorize scenarios into four rough categories: Small (Le Manoir), Tourney Sized (Acts of Defiance), Large (Hill 621) and Monster (The Last Bid). Are you looking for a Large scenario or Monster scenario?
Steve
Large. Although right this second I have my eyes on Disaster at Schmidt which is probably Monster but I’m hoping all the open ground will make it a faster monster. May be biting off more than I can chew there. Something that I can finish in (or at least get a sense of the outcome) in 2x 12hr sessions.

Hill 621 certainly comes up a lot.

commissarmatt

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm partial to the many large scenarios in Crucible of Steel. You probably couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Coiled to Strike
A Hotly Contested Town
Steamroller
The Second Belt
Burning Down the House
Operation Wheatfield

Mister T

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
From recent stuff in the large (but not too large) category, DTF1 Blitzkrieg! deserves a look.

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
BFP29 Hueishan Docks
BFP83 The Second Belt

Both are top notch and very balanced and extremely large - giving a cushion for a bad roll or three.

They are two of my all time favourites even if I have only played them twice each.

I think the Docks is the best early war scenario ever done as there is a huge Chinese attack followed by a massive Japanese counterattack.

Far too often I have seen the Chinese lose by running head first into the Japanese and get too many units killed instead of just sealing off the handful of remaining Japanese and slowly melting them while preparing for the pending counterattack.

First time playing is pro-Japanese until you figure out how to take full advantage of the Chinese units.

I also like it because the tanks on both sideshave low AF so they can die to side shots of LMG's and regular ATR's if your are foolish.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my own opinion, the very large and uberlarge scenarios are really for the experience. I mean, you still like winning and everything, but it is so much more about the extra scope, extra spectacle, the separated mini-battles that eventually add up to a whole, the camaraderie (if there is team play), and so forth. So, in that sense, what the best scenario is kind of depends on what sort of experience you want. The Last Bid offers one sort of experience. The monster scenario in the St. Louis Burma pack offers another.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFP29 Hueishan Docks
BFP83 The Second Belt

Both are top notch and very balanced and extremely large - giving a cushion for a bad roll or three.

They are two of my all time favourites even if I have only played them twice each.

I think the Docks is the best early war scenario ever done as there is a huge Chinese attack followed by a massive Japanese counterattack.

Far too often I have seen the Chinese lose by running head first into the Japanese and get too many units killed instead of just sealing off the handful of remaining Japanese and slowly melting them while preparing for the pending counterattack.

First time playing is pro-Japanese until you figure out how to take full advantage of the Chinese units.

I also like it because the tanks on both sideshave low AF so they can die to side shots of LMG's and regular ATR's if your are foolish.
Looks like BFP29 Hueishan Docks is on the list. I gotta Japanese defense that is just brutal, just say’in. Btw, them Chinese tanks ain’t half bad, I’d take ‘em vs ‘40 Germans, lol.