‘Best’ large scenario?

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Looks like I maybe playing a very large scenario as part of a 4 day boardgaming event here in Houston. Been looking over the monster scenarios in RB/RO and VotG as an obvious first place to start. Since I usually avoid large scenarios, thought I toss this out for a recommendation. I’m guessing my time budget is 2 sessions of 12 hours.

if you could toss a line or two in about how the scenario played out that would be much appreciated, too.

tunixx

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
I enjoyed "symphony of violence" by the east side gamers. Interesting situation and fairly balanced.

Justiciar

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"Raid on Rodminstev" VotG24 9-8 on ROAR. Thus if you are playing 2 v 2 or more could be done in 1 of your 12 hour sessions, thus freeing you to play at will. I played this 1 v 1 over 1.5 days...enjoyed it...

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
Another one by ESG is Destroy All Monsters. A huge Operation Nordwind scenario with lots of heavy German SPGs and dozens of American AFV trying to stop them.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Not sure if it counts as medium or large, but U2 - Sweep for Bordj Toum Bridge

BTW, is there a tournament or convention upcoming in Houston?
My board game group is setting up what I think they hope will be an annual thing. I guess it would be a convention. The organizer is keeping it low key this year as a proof of concept but if things go well, I’m going to get off my lazy butt and work closer with the Houston ASL club to see if we can a full ASL event alongside it for the next one.

thanks to all for the suggestions so far

George Kelln

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Looks like I maybe playing a very large scenario as part of a 4 day boardgaming event here in Houston. Been looking over the monster scenarios in RB/RO and VotG as an obvious first place to start. Since I usually avoid large scenarios, thought I toss this out for a recommendation. I’m guessing my time budget is 2 sessions of 12 hours.

if you could toss a line or two in about how the scenario played out that would be much appreciated, too.
What are your parameters? Deserts, PTO, Night, Winter / early, middle, or late war / armour heavy or light / MMP, TPP / HASL, scenario ???

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
Large and doable in 2x 12 hr sessions and fun for both sides (that’s the best part).

Cult.44

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States
The topic is a trick question. There's no such thing as a good large scenario.