His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
[video=youtube;_Da3EgZUA0Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Da3EgZUA0Y[/video]

[video=youtube;wekmV8W0bik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wekmV8W0bik[/video]

Directed by Fedor Bondarchuk (director of "The 9th Company", among others).

Music by Angelo Badalamenti!

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just hope this isn't a Saving Private Ryan copycat where all those fight scenes come from the first 15 minutes. :D

After seeing Wolfhound, I have new respect for Russian cinema. Heck, it is getting to the point where I have respect for every nation's cinema but America's...:cry:

Manilianus

His Royal Fubar
Reaction score
First name
Michał
Country
llPoland
I just hope this isn't a Saving Private Ryan copycat where all those fight scenes come from the first 15 minutes. :D

After seeing Wolfhound, I have new respect for Russian cinema. Heck, it is getting to the point where I have respect for every nation's cinema but America's...:cry:
Russians do great movies, I'll give them that :)

As to America's cinema - why so? "The Thin Red Line" is still my favourite movie of all time.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What a stupid movie, everybody knows they didn't have Sz in 42.

Just kidding,
Bob

Scott Tortorice

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As to America's cinema - why so? "The Thin Red Line" is still my favourite movie of all time.
To be fair, America can still churn out the great movie now and again. It's just that, for me, those "great movies" seem to be coming fewer and farther between. We seem to get 100 dreadful, amateurish (yet, somehow, big budget) bombs, with maybe 6 worthwhile movies per year (at least based upon my Netflix queue :)). And of those six I wait all year to see, maybe 2 are as good as I hoped. Eh, it might have always been this way and I just noticed, but I don't think so. I think it is all part of the decline of America's culture: when you believe in nothing, what kind of worthwhile tale can you tell?