Étagère blindée mobile

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Needed more book shelf space for enhancing my hopeless case of permanent book deficit, but wanted something like a library book cart to be able to move it around. Some searching and Amazoning later . . .

Soon realized the game-tournament applications. Thread title in French is much more interesting than "Mobile Armored Shelf" and actually cooler sounding than the German, and anyway its black. Hopefully, google translate did not error.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to research, and give us details about it's Portage Point capacity! (also BVP)

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Needed more book shelf space for enhancing my hopeless case of permanent book deficit, but wanted something like a library book cart to be able to move it around. Some searching and Amazoning later . . .

Soon realized the game-tournament applications. Thread title in French is much more interesting than "Mobile Armored Shelf" and actually cooler sounding than the German, and anyway its black. Hopefully, google translate did not error.

View attachment 18693
What?! You are saying the French expression sounds cooler than "Mobiles gepanzertes Bücherregal"?
Gotta be kidding... ;)

That said, the expression should be German as Oberst von Marwitz himself is bringing a bookshelf to tournaments for several years now to house his three RAACO Handy Boxes and a stash of Rulebooks and other things. The German version has no wheels and is thus not mobile. That is no disadvantage, because the Oberst has the habit of 'digging in' and not changing tables - and of bringing a carpet to put beneath to make it a bit more comfy. He has been critizised for not bringing a fireplace and a monocle-stand to last GRENADIER, which is still nagging at him almost two years later...

von Marwitz

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You need to research, and give us details about it's Portage Point capacity! (also BVP)
Obviously, only useable on paved roads without shellholes or IN buildings. 200 lbs capacity, but a lot of SSR to cover dimensional limits and caveats - 1 wounded SMC on the top shelf and multiple DC's, but don't see how it carries a dm 81mm mortar. SSR's for BVP too.

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
What?! You are saying the French expression sounds cooler than "Mobiles gepanzertes Bücherregal"?
Gotta be kidding... ;)

That said, the expression should be German as Oberst von Marwitz himself is bringing a bookshelf to tournaments for several years now to house his three RAACO Handy Boxes and a stash of Rulebooks and other things. The German version has no wheels and is thus not mobile. That is no disadvantage, because the Oberst has the habit of 'digging in' and not changing tables - and of bringing a carpet to put beneath to make it a bit more comfy. He has been critizised for not bringing a fireplace and a monocle-stand to last GRENADIER, which is still nagging at him almost two years later...

von Marwitz
Ah, the inevitable German counter attack :D .

Well you know there's so much enthusiasm for German stuff, thought I'd I give our French comrades some acclamation, after all panache and élan are French and I thought the name had both.

Aber seine Herangehensweise scheint sehr unBewegungskrieglich, herr Oberst -- wie vielleicht mein Googlisch Deutche Grammatik ist für Scheiße.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Aber seine Herangehensweise scheint sehr unBewegungskrieglich, herr Oberst -- wie vielleicht mein Googlisch Deutche Grammatik ist für Scheiße.
If you would translate that muddle exactly into English, and German war movies would invest the same scrutiny on the background talk of 'enemy' soldiers as Hollywood does, then the above would just fit the bill. ;)

I guess I'd love it. 🤣

von Marwitz

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you would translate that muddle exactly into English, and German war movies would invest the same scrutiny on the background talk of 'enemy' soldiers as Hollywood does, then the above would just fit the bill. ;)

I guess I'd love it. 🤣

von Marwitz
Something, somewhere between Kentucky Fried Movie "We are building an army of extraordinary magnitude", a dubbed Yugoslavian-made WW2 Movie with way too many MG42's, and My hovercraft is full of eels .

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Is it transported to tourney site fully loaded, or is loaded after it is disembarked from your transport?

2. How many MP does it have for a scenario turn?

3. In case of manuevering (sic) accident, what is the CS #?

KhandidGamera

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1. Is it transported to tourney site fully loaded, or is loaded after it is disembarked from your transport?

2. How many MP does it have for a scenario turn?

3. In case of manuevering (sic) accident, what is the CS #?
  1. Loaded after disembark.
  2. 3 MF. white counter, its a wheeled Ahkio.
  3. No CS, but TI for a DR number of full turns.

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can see it now, "Best Camouflaged at a Tourney Event" award.