Search results

1. daveramsey

Rally Point Volume 20 scenarios for ROAR or JR are you still alive?

The import from ROAR to the archive is a manual process that involves downloading everything from that report, amending the columns, wiping the contents from the archive and re-uploading, whilst the linking remains the same, it's non-trivial because there's no unique key for any given scenario...
  2. daveramsey

Map data

Amazing stuff, thank you Turuk! This is going to become a really useful feature for many people. You're becoming the map man now so I can give you some additional responsibility! You're right about the map naming. You now have admin rights for the map data (you, and other admins, should see...
  3. daveramsey

Map data

You can do this now. Thanks for your help. Getting a set of module dependencies for scenarios is a nice feature so the quicker we can get this map data in, the more useful it'll become.
  4. daveramsey

Map data

The way maps are stored under-the-hood has been changed. Previously maps were simply strings of text that were split into map_strings and added to the scenario. They weren't really unique map rows, which meant that there could be duplicates with similar names, and it wasn't really feasible to do...
  5. daveramsey

Full collection for sale

Hey all - thanks for your interest. Joe's family have accepted an offer and everything's getting sorted. In summary, Joe did a great job of tracking what he had, and storing everything. It's worth letting your families know that what you have is valuable, and perhaps a contact point, or even...
  6. daveramsey

Full collection for sale

We have 4 interested players who are actively offering - so we'll get a good price and the collection will be going to a good home. It's almost certainly staying in the UK.
  7. daveramsey

Full collection for sale

Following the sad passing of Joe Arthur his collection is now up for sale on ebay. I'm not sure if I can post a link here, but if you search for "Massive Advanced Squad Leader collection inc. + MANY 3rd party packs OOP/Rare" you should find it. All the money raised from this sale will be going...
  8. daveramsey

Illuminating Rounds?

Thanks Gary. It'll be round 2's game.
  9. daveramsey

Illuminating Rounds?

Hey Gary, We run the tournament yearly for patrons of the site/channel. You may have seen we've just started this year's one that features scenario designers selecting their favourite scenarios and one they recommend for the tournament. We'd be happy to feature your selections if you'd like to...
  10. daveramsey

Bypass hexside opinion

I assume this is so that one can test the hexside without having to guess whether the corner parts of the obstacle impinge on the hexside you're examining (much like my original question).
  11. daveramsey

Bypass hexside opinion

Thanks all. I'm glad there's not a completely obvious answer, and don't fret - we certainly discussed it and allowed a takesy-backsy (including the undoing of a platoon movement to ensure I had enough MP to squeeze into the other hexsides). I think the feeling is that we extend outwards (in...
  12. daveramsey

Bypass hexside opinion

Opinions on whether this hexside (22W8/W7) and others like it are vehicle bypassable? The weird graphic is from the vasl mod 5VBM, but it does its job of kind of showing the widths. The little dots on the lower hexside (the one in question) are just the letters, so ignoring this, it's really...
  13. daveramsey

DZ:SME Scenario end roll.

Maybe because the dr is printed on the map, it shows when the day might end, rather than the turn marker obscuring it? It doesn't seem to make any difference either way, though, other than that, perhaps.
  14. daveramsey

Christmas Special

Thanks all. I hope we don't have to do another one like that for a long time. We're almost through the SME campaign final scenario, so expect that to drop shortly. In the meantime if you've played One Story Town (J200) and have a log file of it, we'll be featuring it in an upcoming episode...
  15. daveramsey

#95 Sainte-Mère-Église

Hmm - it's tricky to match scenario names to scenario numbers and be confident it's the right scenario. I can take a look and see, but ideally if you had the scenario ids on each row (which I know you won't have without a trawling through the archive) I could import them as a bulk upload.
  16. daveramsey

#95 Sainte-Mère-Église

Intrigued to hear what you think about this. It's a great book, but interested to hear what the "outsiders" think.
  17. daveramsey

#95 Sainte-Mère-Église

That's a great idea, and it works on all levels. Any players could play, but yes - definitely expert level players (which we aren't) will definitely see and play things differently. Toby doesn't do VASL, but if there are decent level players playing we could happily discuss what we're playing...
  18. daveramsey

ASL Bell Tolls

Here's a photo of Joe, a year or so ago. I remember taking this photo - all seems quite surreal posting this here.
  19. daveramsey

ASL Bell Tolls

This is really sad news. Joe's pleasant demeanour both over the board and online will be missed. He didn't have an easy life, but he definitely was able to smile about it and he was gracious in victory (I can't tell about in defeat because I could never beat him!) I did him a small favour last...
  20. daveramsey

ASL ROAR

Having a desire for people to "move on" in order for better stats (which is apparently the sentence that's triggered this part of the debate) is very different from calling sites to be shut down. I'm taking a break from here, otherwise I'll end up saying something that will no doubt cause more...