Search results

1. V

VFTT114 Out

6-3 in favour of the Japanese, though if Toby's ambush dr hadn't let him down he'd have probably won as the Chinese and then it would have been 5-4 in favour of the Japanese.... Pete
  2. V

VFTT114 Out

As Chas noted, these are all forthcoming scenarios from Bounding Fire so they don't have proper IDs yet. I give them an ID using the year and round (IE a-e = 1-5) so we can keep track of the results for the weekend. Pete
  3. V

VFTT114 Out

Looks like GS added a bunch of stuff to the end of the URL - have deleted it so it's working OK now. Pete
  4. V

VFTT114 Out

New year, new issue of VFTT: https://www.vftt.co.uk/indexs.asp Pete
  5. V

Assistance buying a tablet for eASLRB

What are you looking at buying? Pete
  6. V

Doesn't the forum have policies about using offensive language :-) Pete
  7. V

Your script leaves the hero dead, so how's he suppose to get the girl and have loads of sequels :) Pete
  8. V

Missed that, but A.2 :) Not that it matters, instead the 6+1 rolled snakes on the NMC from the FT to get the resulting Hero Creation/Battle Hardening :-) Though in true Bond style, the first shot would actually be the 16-3, which breaks our hero. Then, rather than leave him to die for Failure...
  9. V

In ASL terms: The Germans roll a 12 with the FT attack, a 12 with the 16-3 attack, you roll snakes for the 1MC and the resulting HOB result is Hero Creation/Battle Hardening :-) Fire back is 2-1, snakes, squad suffers the 1KIA and you refuse to take the broken leader prisoner when he tries to...
  10. V

Comes in handy having four monitors when you fancy a quick game of Campaign for North Africa on VASSAL :-) (had to reduce the image quality a bit so the file would be small enough to post here) Pete
  11. V

Click File | Preferences, then untick the "Use combined application window (requires restart)" box: Every VASSAL module has the same option in it, not just VASL, so if you have other games you can do the same for each game you want to use separate windows with. Pete
  12. V

Probably going that way already with my desktop setup :-) Two 21" monitors, a 10" monitor, and a 27" monitor - all 1920x1080 resolution :) Then my 8" tablet and Bluetooth keyboard bottom left, the 12" laptop under the 27" monitor, and the Surface Go with a USB monitor attached on the bottom...
  13. V

Most people can do that without even having to spend any money for a phone :-) Pete
  14. V

Yeah, spending the best part of £1,700/$1,700 is a lot of money to spend just for a tablet and keyboard to use for VASL and reading the eASLRB! In terms of price the basic Surface Go 2 is around £400/$400 new...
  15. V

I sometimes question my judgement as well :) After all, I have a desktop PC with 4 monitors attached to it, an 8" Windows tablet, a 12" Windows laptop, no job at the moment due to Covid, and have been stuck indoors for four months due to Covid, but still spent £200 on a second hand Surface Go...
  16. V

While an iPad or an Android tablet would be suitable for reading the eASRB, for ASLers both have a serious drawback - no Java. Which means no VASL :-( I've got a Surface Go, which has a 10" screen and runs Windows 10 so you can install Java and use it to play VASL :-) Though you'll still need a...
  17. V

New VFTT Out

URGENT ALERT TO ALL UNITS View From The Trenches has been spotted crossing the internet border into Poland and beyond. All units are to head to https://www.vftt.co.uk/indexs.asp and deal with this issue immediately. Although this will cause significant disruption while units are diverted from...
  18. V

VFTT109 Out

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone. . . Mayday, Mayday. . . New VFTT released. . . crew too distracted to work. . . Mayday. . . https://www.vftt.co.uk/indexs.asp
  19. V

Schwerpunkt Vol 6 wording

The two columns from page 22: And the two columns from page 23: Pete