Search results

1. tws71669

Brother Bear

Rain scattered across the windshield of his staff car turning the German countryside into a smudged mosaic of colors… Marko and his staff assistant could see the town of Tuchenbach a few hundred meters ahead. The UAZ slowed to a halt just as Marko Konev finished marking notes on the map of...
  2. tws71669

NEW SCENARIO - well sort of

Just a quick note... Has anyone had a chance to play through my Tikrit test scenario? I noticed it's had some downloads but I have no feedback. Please let me know what you think. I'm currently using the same map for a PBEM game and want to have some input for improving it. Thanks.
  3. tws71669

Hex Scale Question

It seems he excluded it in one of the last beta versions. I checked under the 160 build and now hex size is back. Cool, this will make simulating smaller squad battles a little easier now.
  4. tws71669

Feedback requested for POA-2

I would also like to be able to print out my OOB and mission orders. Or at least export them to a .txt file. Sometimes I am planning battles away from my computer... it would be helpful to have that info handy.
  5. tws71669

Brother Bear

Marko...Poitr...Konev... The GRU officer exhaled a cloud of pipesmoke. Marko recognized the brand, Prima Comandirskaya, it was cheap and moldy smelling. “They say your older brother is an Otpadnicki. A traitor to the Historic Russian Army and its heroic peoples. The Officer stared at...
  6. tws71669

Brother Bear

New AAR. :D PBEM scn.12 I am of course, playing the CIS. If you read my first AAR, you will quickly see some connections! As the game goes, so will the postings. I wish my worthy opponent the best of luck.
  7. tws71669

Build 160

Sorry Don, thanks for clarifying.... I don't suppose we could twist your arm to write a tutorial on making topo maps in ADC2? The Nick Bell tutorial is pretty cumbersome, I gotta think there is an easier way. My experience has been painfull :confused:
  8. tws71669

Build 160

We've all lamented the same thing. I am guessing from HPS's perspective it's easier to just use what's already been made rather than re-invent a whole new map maker for POA2. Unfortunately that means we need to spend more money.
  9. tws71669

Build 160

I think he means a map making tutorial. A map editor is already inculded in ADC2 which is needed to make maps for POA2
  10. tws71669

Build 160

Choowee THANKS! It turned out I had the second or third most read AAR on the board!:cool: How's about I throw together a little matchup on my Tikrit Highway map for us to fight over? email me and tell me what you think or if you want to try a stock scenario, I'm open to either. -T
  11. tws71669

Build 160

hmmmm. Sounds like I am going to be a busy busy little wargamer here...heh heh. Okay RM... tell me which scenario you want to play and what side or create a custom one and email it to me. I prefer playing CIS. Of course, this means I will need to write another AAR in said section. :D
  12. tws71669

Build 160

I've been thinking the exact same thing.:D Let me mull over the scenarios tonight. I'd like to try something a little bigger. Maybe you would like to create one yourself real quick and send it too me. Let me play CIS again.
  13. tws71669

Build 160

Don THANKS. I have been able to import a single BMP map and scale it to the correct size for POA2 but placing objects either Pri/Sec gets very messy. It would be nice to have a few tutorials in a step onoe, step two, step three kinda fashion for getting a topo map scanned and completed. One of...
  14. tws71669

Build 160

Morale..... yuck. When I played CIS against Gary I was constantly watching my morale fluctuate. I lost an entire platoon of men to a tank attack as they were unloading, and the squads which were adjacent to them had their morale drop to wavering until I could hooch them up in a village hex to...
  15. tws71669

Build 160

those are good criticisms. The interface can be made cleaner just by x-clicking away the force tree so I don't see that as a real big deal. Artillary shows what unit fired what kind of round for what kind of effects in the combat resolution box, so I don't know what other info you would need...
  16. tws71669

Fixes in the non-public versions (Current build: 2.3.65)

Some of the load/unload bugs look fixed in 160... I haven;t had any weapons fire problems with this build. Maybe this will correct any errors you were having.
  17. tws71669

Build 160

Ready for Prime Time! Ya'know... I've been playing this since it came out. Now I have to say that with these latest fixes and the additonal intel data bringing the sim up to these standards makes me say it's really nice. I like it better than my other wargame choices right now. the graphics...
  18. tws71669

Another dumb question

Mystery solved! Scott took a look at the files and has fixed an error in the ADCMAP.exe... now I can start placing symbols onto the maps okay! I suppose he will update the ADC2 webpage to reflect the new build soon.
  19. tws71669

Another dumb question

Okay... going through the scanmap tutorial written by Nick Bell and trying to get a scanned map to work. The probelm I am having comes when I try to go under TOOLS/Change Symbol Set as is recommended to place symbols. I get a C+ error everytime. I can import hexlines and hexsides from a map...
  20. tws71669

Hex Scale Question

I suggested waaaaaaaay back that using DEM data was a way of insuring very accurate maps. But part of the problem I think is that we have a community which is very used to topo and homemade maps. For some DEM data gets complicated. I hope they do switch to DEM nonetheless.