Search results

1. M

156 Broken Bamboo SSR 2 question

Hi guys, Does the CVP effect happen if Japs loose 2 CVP's in turn 1 and 2 CVP's in turn 2 OR does it have to happen in the same game turn? Thanks Martin
  2. M

Opponent for SM4 Raff's dilemma

Hi guys, Anyone up for a VASL PbEM game? I would like to attack as American. It’s 6/3 pro US on ROAR, so perhaps the American balance should be used depending on the difference in out experience levels :-) I’m looking for an experienced opponent who can send at least 7-8 logs per week :-)...
  3. M

PbEM opponent wanted: SF3 The Grim Reaper’s Lair

Hi guys, Anyone up for a VASL PbEM game of SF3 ”The Grim Reaper’s Lair” from the Manila module? I would like to attack as American. It’s 8/3 pro Jap on ROAR, so perhaps the American balance should be used. I’m looking for an experienced opponent who can send at least five logs per week, as...
  4. M

How to download several VASL boards at once

Hi guys How do I download several boards at once? http://vasl.info/boards.htm used to have an option of getting 10 boards in a file at a time... Thanks Martin
  5. M

Balance for R0 "Blood on the Tracks"?

Hi guys Am about to play RO1 ”Blood on the Tracks” in a few weeks, but ROAR shows German 2/Russian 19. I worry that the scenario card balance of three more German 4-6-8 squads is not enough. What balance would you recommend? Thanks, Martin
  6. M

LOS tool wrong?

Hi Guys First time my LOS Aid Sheet (texas-asl.com) apparently has failed me. The Blind Hex Equation results in no LOS between units although they are both at level 3 (obstacle is hex r4). Calculation: 2*3 (woods on hill) +1 (range 5/5) – 3 (level 3 firer) -3 (level 3 target) = 1 blind hex...
  7. M

Rout question (Pine Woods in effect)

Hi guys German player turn in DB106 "Defending the twin villages" and the US player wants to voluntary break the baz half squad in s4. What are the rout options? (Pine Woods in effect, so woods cost 1,5 MF). Thanks Martin, Denmark
  8. M

Can't "End logfile" VASSAL 6.6.1/VASL 3.4.6

Hi Guys I tried to end a logfile (PbEM), but get this. Any of you able to help? : and this specifix text: java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: C:\Users\martin\AppData\Local\Temp\vassal_8765949680686114422\savedGame_12798904159503813960 at...
  9. M

Optimising board space on my computer screen?

Hi guys Is there any way of making the ASL boards take up a larger part of the screen? I attached a screenshot of my VASL as PDF. I just measured the area (top to bottom) used for the board area and it is only 70 %. On top the controls take up a huge amount and I'm thinking: 1. Can the...
  10. M

Incorrect VASL "HW direction counters"?

Hi guys When using an alternate hex grain for my human wave, the real counter has the arrow on the upper or lower part of the counter to be able to choose right or left alterante hex grain. However, the VASL counter has the arrow in the middle, so left or right can not be specified. Could this...
  11. M

Sticky errata for US vehicle note 30 "M3 (MMG) halftracks"

Hi Guys I try to always print and add the sticky errata from the great "downloads" section on http://www.texas-asl.com, so my rulebook is updated when new errata is published, - but I found out that errata for US vehicle note 30 (page H36) does not exis as sticky errata. Is that correct? I...
  12. M

VASL PbEM opponent in FT213 "Up the Liri valley"

Hi guys Anyone up for a VASL PbEM game of FT213 "Up the Liri valley"? I would like to attack (as Free French). I’m looking for someone who can send at least a log/day on average and you should be in the neigbourhood of my AREA rating (1556) or higher. Looking forward! Martin, Denmark
  13. M

VASL suggestion: Show in log when un-HIP'ing fortified counters

Hi VASL elves In a recent PbEM game I revealed a HIP "fortified location" counter and noticed that it did not show in the log being created (which is important to us email guys). So my opponent can't be sure if I just dragged it from the counter menu or if it was actually HIP. Off course it's a...
  14. M

BFP84 Kreida Station - interior walls (O5.3) in non-Factory building?

Hi Guys On board "BFP B" building U2 has interior walls (like a Factory), however is not a Railroad Station/Factory, since it does not have a road or RR track entering it, according to "Into the Rubble - Historical Battle Rules" section 2.0. How do I treat those interior walls in scenario...
  15. M

FB CG2 Initial SSR "II.8" (page FB21)

Hi Guys Starting the initial scenario of CG2 of Festung Budapest as the Axis and wondering whether I can purchase infantry and set them up in "Reserve" (which means onboard), when SSR II.8 states that: "Units purchased with these GCPP may only enter on/after turn 2". Does this mean: A. ALL...
  16. M

A23.3 DC placement by CX MMC/leader

Hi Guys A leader and squad (possessing a DC) double times to get the 8 MF's needed for the squad to place the DC (placed on 7th and 8th MF). When fired upon in the placement hex the result is a PTC. Question: Who takes the PTC? 1. Only the placing squad 2. Leader AND squad (since the 2 extra...
  17. M

RPT132 Probe toward the Hague: Concealed guns?

Hi guys The Dutch Defender has two AT guns and two mortars. SSR 2 says: "The Bohler M35s and Brandt mortars may set up emplaced/concealed (in suitable terrain), but they may not set up using HIP." Now, the Defender also has six "?" markers and my opponent and I are wondering whether the...
  18. M

Shooting "under" OBA smoke on hill crest line?

Hi guys I can't seem to upload a VASL image so let me explain my question: Is the following shot affected by smoke hindrance? A unit at a hill level 2 fires at another unit on the same hill at level 1. The hill hex between the units is at level 2, contains a crest line to level 1 and contains...
  19. M

How to post an image from VASL?

Hi guys How do I show a screenshot from VASL? When I click "Upload a file" it doesn't work with either of the following file formats: .jpg, GIF, PNG, MHTML. How do I do it? Thanks Martin
  20. M

AP126 VASL PbEM defender?

Hi guys Anyone up for a VASL PbEM game of AP126 ”Maryuma’s Stronghold”? I would like to attack (as Chinese). I’m looking for someone who can send at least a log/day on average. You should be familiar with the basics of PTO and in the neigbourhood of my AREA rating (1556) or higher. Yours...