Search results

1. carlsson

It's Official! The Arnhem ASL Tournament is back!

An email update will be sent out in the days to come. Regarding the battlefield tour it will be during the Wednesday (September 11) or Thursday morning (September 12). Cheers!
  2. carlsson

Supporting Fire 2023, 17-19 November

SUPPORTING FIRE 2023 IS OVER The final between Melvin and Olav was a close one, playing Aussie Alamo. Olav lost some important leaders in the beginning, while his Sniper got mad and took revenge on some of Melvins units. However, in the end Olav couldn’t do as many Banzai charges as he needed...
  3. carlsson

Move units with Ctrl + Numeric Keyboard doesn't work anymore…!?

Thanks for acknowledging this. I was 100% sure that we could move stacks this way before, but I must have dreamt. 🤪 Thanks!
  4. carlsson

Kreta errata ?

OM15.2 "…units may initiate HtH CC if neither Pinned nor Ambushed." Question: Is this true even if they are the DEFENDER (or is J2.31 takes precedence "Hand-to-Hand CC can be declared only by the ATTACKER")? (I guess so, since it doesn't say anything else) 🤔
  5. carlsson

Thanks for the input. The menu has the same problem, and to clarify: Moving one (1) unit works as intended. Moving a stack gives strange result. I have recorded the behavior at this URL, it's a stack of 3 units. I am moving them with Ctrl+NumKeypad.
  6. carlsson

I'm sure that we could move a stack of units with Ctrl + Numeric keys. However, this doesn't work anymore for me. Instead of moving the stack, random units move. Sometimes together, sometimes not. I'm not sure if this is due to that I updated VASSAL today (v3.7.2), or something else. Anyone...
  7. carlsson

It's Official! The Arnhem ASL Tournament is back!

We are a team of international organizers that will bring this to life, and we are excited to get this going! All details are not settled, but the dates are. September 12–15, 2024 we will be back at StayOkay in Arnhem, Netherlands. There will be a main tournament, mini's, battlefield tour and...
  8. carlsson

"Mark Moved Units" – Where is it?

On macOS it seems to ~/Library/Application Support/VASSAL/prefs/VASL However, my setting seems to already be off: markMoved=false WTF? 🤪
  9. carlsson

Aaah, that explains a lot. Thanks for the info! There is a workaround: Download an old version and change the setting from there...
  10. carlsson

In what preference panel is the checkbox for "Mark Moved Units" located!? I have gone through them all a zillion times, but I can't find it… 😖
  11. carlsson

"No Gullies" SSR

So to be short: It's not possible eliminate Gullies with the Terrain SSR feature, right? In this case I want no Woods-Gullies on board 34 to exist…
  12. carlsson

Encirclement

If it would be enough with a vertice, then the rightmost example as "Not encircled" is wrong. I can agree that my situation actually should be encirclement, but I cannot see how the rules support this.
  13. carlsson

Encirclement

Thanks for your input. However, I – surprisingly 😜 – don't agree. Rule A7.7 says the following: Encirclement occurs if the firer’s LOS enters the target Location either: a) through opposite hexspines; b) with exactly three target-hex vertices between them in both clockwise and counter...
  14. carlsson

Encirclement

Another situation; Will the American unit in P3 be Encircled after fire from the Germans? See red arrows. FP is enough (4+3, 4+3 and 8+2). I’d say no — Neither a, b or c covers this in A7.7. But I might be wrong of course. If so, why?
  15. carlsson

Japanese unit about to exit a tunnel in the Advance phase - but the exit hex is rubbled before it can exit.

@JoeArthur : Did you ever get (or is it got?) an answer about this?
  16. carlsson

DZ SME – Jeep armament?

As Hutch says; There are no depictions in the CG. There is one in the SM8 rule section, depicted with no AAMG, hinting that is the one to use. But I'd say it's only a filler picture. SM8 U.S. JEEPS: The Americans may always use HIP for all Jeeps, which for setup purposes (only) are treated as...
  17. carlsson

DZ SME – Jeep armament?

The US gets some Jeeps in the CG. How do you know if they're armed or not? I have played this game for more than 30 years but I still don't know where to find these things… 🤪😂
  18. carlsson

Sniper selection vs Factory and Roofless Factory

A Sniper ends up in R14. There are enemy units in both S14 and S15. S14 is Roofless, S15 is not. May the Sniper player choose target? I'd say yes because, according to A1421, the Factory TEM is not considered. But I'm not sure, hence this question. Can't find anything else about it either...
  19. carlsson

VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

I didn't realize that my VASSAL version wasn't the latest. So I updated it, still the same problem though. My internet connection is as stable as it can get these days; Fiber-Optic 100/100 Mbit with no other problems. Here's the error log from start to showing the wizard, maybe someone can see...
  20. carlsson

VASL Module for DZ: St. Mere-Eglise?

Still no succes, have tried at least ten thousand a zillion times. All boards are downloaded from the internet nowadays, right? Does it matter what folder I select as the Board Directory?