Search results

1. spooner

Race for the Meuse

Just got my copy of RfM , it as interested me enough to place some counters on to the map, the first time I have done that in years. Nice fellers.
  2. spooner

ASL in Aberdeen

Your not doing so bad, the last ship reunion I went to I got asked if I'd been working/trapped in a pie factory Used be able to do more than that, & still be able to do a run ashore. When are you haggises going raiding south of the boarder next ? Now that we are all one happy family again.
  3. spooner

What boardgames have you played recently?

Band of Brothers Wothington Games. Past few game nites we have been giving this one go. Started of using the rules that came with BoB, then we D/loaded the Ghost Div. rules. These improved way OP & final OP fire were handle, also dropped proficient value from the counter, & added a proficient...
  4. spooner

Been playing through PF card game as well, it as been fun, & I'm about to start the Burnt offerings first scenario attack on sand point. Playing PF. solo running 3 three chars.
  5. spooner

Last Thursday I had a weekend away playing ASL. during the day, then at night we played other games like, Snowdon, & TranZ english ver. Friday nite played another fecking train game. don't know it's name, just sat in to make up the numbers, drank Port(LBV), ate cheese (very nice green coloured...
  6. spooner

I do not have any experience of classic Thunderstone, it seems advanced as not changed that much mainly rules, & card clarifications. A new action called prepare which allows you to discard as many cards as you like, & put the remainder back on top of your draw deck, setting you up for your...
  7. spooner

Had a go at playing Conflict of Heroes: Price of Honour. Nice looking game with big counters for my fingers to grip on to. Plays well, but lacking micro detail ASLers require. Also played a few hands of Thunderstone advanced, I enjoyed that more than C of H.
  8. spooner

Your right it is a mix of tactical WWII games. FF's real title should be "Advanced Conflict of squad commanders system".
  9. spooner

Fighthing Formations, then finshed the nite off with Race for the Galaxy.
  10. spooner

New members introduce yourself here

Re: Not to new to GameSquad, or ASL. I just been lurking. Not sure yet, got find sombody to look after me hound. I went for the day last year, prob. do the same this year.
  11. spooner

New members introduce yourself here

Re: Not to new to GameSquad, or ASL. I just been lurking. So it is time I came out from under my stone. I have been playing this enjoyable, addictive, & madding game for years.(still SL & all expansion in the loft) My first real FtF outings were at the Manchester board wargame club, where a...