Search results

1. M

jump the shark....across the world

Call me maybe, I think it has jumped the shark, if not before now.....darn I had to watch the whole thing!!!. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H96-TwrwY7M Troops and Miami Cheerleaders in Bikini. Mike
  2. M

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Ludovico Einaudi. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjMKFLVMoeg&feature=related Mike
  3. M

The best war movie ever made

All Queit on the Western Front (1930)-- for the time it was pretty much in a class by itself I would argue. Mike
  4. M

Super Bowl XLV: Steelers vs. Packers!

Go Packers. Wow that is unreal. I have never been to a pro football game, but wow that is beyond belief. I'm not sure I could enjoy the game if one had to part with that much money for the being there. And would you go by yourself. I suppose it depends on what one normally spends of...
  5. M

Go Ducks!

Hoping for a good second half. Mike
  6. M

The Dallas Cowboys' real problem might be Jerry Jones

Don, Not sure. The lack of disipline was there early, remember the leap frog stuff. Who to peg that on, not sure. Mike
  7. M

LSU takes down Alabama

Dave, Yes, I was expecting a comment. Was watching Texas lose.....almost felt bad for them.....almost....strange game. Mike
  8. M

LSU takes down Alabama

Sadly the ISU Cyclones couldn't give a Big 12 send off to Nebraska. Kick the extra point, have faith in the team. Mike
  9. M

Brett Favre and the text messages

Don Maddox, And where are we the public in the mix? I'm not a big believer in the idea of falsely bulding up a "sports hero", or ignoring what seems to be a truth. Still, the thread didn't start out with comments about the play against the Jets where he got out of the pocket, moved right...
  10. M

Brett Favre and the text messages

Don Maddox, You don't think that sport or other celebs had some real misteps in the past (I would wager that by todays lense put in the past the behaviors would be worse 40+years ago--media and the market is no longer as allied in building up the hero worship biographyies of the past. That...
  11. M

Your Favourite Movie

Westside Story Almost any Eastwood Western I can watch multiple times. All Star Trek movies are must see, but once I have limited desire to see them again. Holy Grail (Monty Python) Stand and Deliver It's a Wonderful Life Alot of Robin Williams movies- I like-Good Will Hunting, Dead...
  12. M

Favorite "Bad" Movie?

Bad movies that I somehow still like. Barbarella... Giant....not really a "bad" movie, but kind goes on rather endlessly. I've watched it probably 3 times which is alot for me--I don't know if any of the others on my list have been watch multiple times. RepoMan...I haven't seen for a...
  13. M

Gridiron Help Needed

Vinnie, I suppose that rules out the possibility of a cheerleader outfit for her as well.... My wife had an Emmit Smith jersey. She played and scored the stuff back in the early 1990's. Even wrote a program for the scoring, prior to much of that stuff coming out, I think. Alot easier now...
  14. M

Gridiron Help Needed

In the playoffs, in the league I'm in. Very even league. Playoff teams are 9-4-1, 8-5-1 (me), 8-6, and one out of the 5 teams at 5-5 got in. Next week we compete for the championship and the other teams vie for 3rd/4th, 5th/6th and such. Vinnie I hope you had fun no matter that your wife...
  15. M

Operation Typhoon pbem

Well, I think it is well past time for me (the opponent) to give a report. Unfortunately, the laptop I was using and recorded some of the early pictures of the battle, has crashed so no pictures---rather just an opportunity to answer some questions. 1) Yes, my the Axis player is likely...
  16. M

Gridiron Help Needed

Vinnie, 1. Always go with the cheerleaders. 2. Here is a fairly up to date roster rating+ news site. http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/rankings (don't worry about the $ symbols they are about the special type of draft) 3. Don't spend much on anything, including draft stuff...
  17. M

So long Brett! End of an era

I saw the news confernce, he was great to watch. Gunslinger, who sometimes could carry it off. Sometimes, I would be saying why such a gamble when only down a few in the 3rd quarter......Loved it when he would share the competive spirit with the othersides D-line. Psycho, Where do you...
  18. M

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Some CD's or ep's I either have recently picked up or am looking to find. Hypernova- http://www.hypernovamusic.com/discography.html 10cc- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_Mirror_%28album%29 Some selections I found on Youtube from my "Another Green World" CD Brian Eno...
  19. M

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Actor--Peter O'Toole, With honorable mention going to Clint Eastwood, Shawn Connery, and James Stewart Actress--hard to say--still thinking and will likely edit--but --Marilyn Monroe, and Mariel Hemingway comes to mind. Still thinking on that one, however. Not a big movie follower...
  20. M

Can anyone beat Ohio State?

The team which plays them in the Nation Championship, can. And might. A lot of pressure. A question for you, should that team be Michigan? I think they had their chance, but........others would argue otherwise. Mike