Search results

1. fdapra

ASL EU - tournament- Rome 10th, 11 th and 12th june

I had a lot of fun, everything was just perfect. Beautiful scenarios, great opponents, a big room with big tables, incredible organization! See you next year for sure, I have to defend the title! 🆒
  2. fdapra

Port en Bessin

Funny moments
  3. fdapra

Port en Bessin

It was a hard fought battle with the commandos coming forward a bit too boldly and they took a lot of losses and on turn 12 the 48CVP cap was reached giving the victory to the Germans. It was fun, as the German, I was more than once keeping the front with only a few 447 and a 6+1. The nice...
  4. fdapra

Port en Bessin

Getting ready to play the big Port en Bessin scenario on a three days event next weekend. Is there someone out there that played it? Suggestions?
  5. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Yesterday we moved on after a long summer break. Finished turn 5, surprised that some of the Americans were able to reach the low sea wall. Still along way. Extreme west Next to the one above
  6. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

This is the end of turn 4 on the Omaha East part of the map, The good news is that during the American dfph the LC and troops on the beach managed to break 4 German squads and also kill an half squad with the sniper. There is hope that on the 5th turn someone will reach the seawall. The German...
  7. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Now that we are at turn 5 and the German OBA will start to pound the beaches, I will propose my group the following OBA counter battery fire house rule. I would like to have your opinion on it. Naval Unit USS Arkansas 300mm map 4-6 East HMS Glasgow 150mm map 1-3 West FS Georges...
  8. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Yes we are moving on, tomorrow we will meet to play more and celebrate the anniversary! there will be more drinking than playing I suspect. :-) Tomorrow we will catch up with Omaha East and then go on with turn 5 on both module.
  9. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

No problem I was prepared to endure this kind of posts. :-) The module has some minor flaw, but it is an amazing experience to play, and the people that clarified the rules and added some hr made a wonderful job. I like Pitman review of ASL modules, it is always a nice source of information's...
  10. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

A small step forward, we are catching up with Omaha east. Did Two turn, the first group of engineer that enter on turn 0, just a lonely LCA with 3 squad on it managed to survive two turn of fire and disembark on the beach only to die to a 1KIA on the leader. It was not too bad since two MTR81...
  11. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

So finally I got Bloody Omaha East from CH and we added the second part of the beach to our running game. We decided to catch up play (4 turns so far) on this new part and then continue with all the big game. The Good thing is that the Panel composition of Bloody Omaha east and west are 100%...
  12. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

It is, but in reality a strange experience because it is more an experience than a scenario. You don't mind who wins or how you play you are a sort of spectator to this incredible assault. You watch things happening, most of the time with horror, seeing ten's of squads vanish on the beach. You...
  13. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

A little step forward, we were able to play the German 3rd turn and almost all of the American 4th mph. Thanks to all the smoke things are going a little better for the GI. The German keep killing tanks and infantry but at a slower pace. The American sniper killed one of the broken HMG crew...
  14. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

You can put a Tank turret as a cupola, there are two type in FWaO, one is a 37* from a french tank and the other is a PzIV 75*
  15. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Ohhh we have many, TOBRUK/PANZERSTELLUNG: Two additional type of new Pillbox counters have been provided, to represent ‘Tobruk’ and ‘Panzerstellung’ emplacements. Both of these Pillbox types have a HS stacking limit. TARGET SIZE: To simulate the difficulty in picking out units in Tobruk and...
  16. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

In front of Les Moulins things went slightly better! Two thirds of the infantry that unloaded survived and moved across the beach, we made an error, I was tired and I forgot to take off 50% of MF for the unloading infantry, this will be easily corrected since they took fire only in the first...
  17. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Actually most of the goodies are useless, they just pile up on the beach
  18. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

Meanwhile in the central part of the map, the tank landing is going well, almost. Of the six LC landing here, each with three Sherman on board, four were able to land safely since the Germans are too busy shooting at the two gaps to try to stop them. One swamped and is now fast aground, I...
  19. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

On Friday we managed to play the German 2nd turn and American 3rd. Well the first wave of infantry reached the shore and it was not nice. Our special guest Francesco who was rolling for the German never lost rate with HMG until there was almost no American on the beach. In the western part of...
  20. fdapra

First Wave at Omaha

We are just on turn 2 so we have very little experience. We are playing only the Omaha East part of the module, I ordered the other but the order is still pending. On that part of the beach as far as I have read most of the tanks were able to disembark from the LCs. This is the list of the...