Search results

1. T

What boardgames have you played recently?

Over the last week or so we've played Pandemic (lost with only 1 disease yet to cure)and two games of Road Kill Rally. My boys like Road Kill Rally, plenty of action with guns and grenades and rockets and running over old ladies using walkers. It's essentially a better version of the old AH...
  2. T

I played my first game of Storm Over Stalingrad with my oldest son today. It was just a test run and we didn't finish, but we both liked it and it's really quite easy. Both players are kept active as the impulses really start flying by with the back and forth. I must say the cards are...
  3. T

My wife and I had an exciting evening last night playing USAC Auto Racing. It's a regular in our household. We raced a custom set of 1998 racer cards (created by fellow ASLer JVan and me). Arie Luyendyk took the pole position with 225.3 MPH qualifying lap but sufferered engine problems early...
  4. T

I've played a couple races on the old Avalon Hill title USAC Auto Racing. One was with the 1984 card set (the best by far), and the other was on a custom set I made with a friend for 1998. I notice someone has a 2005 set of cards on boardgame geek, so I may need to try this one again. Other...
  5. T

New members introduce yourself here

I've been reading the forums for awhile, but just signed up recently. I've been playing SL since about '85 and ASL since '91. That said, I'm, a still a newbie since I haven't had FtF opponents very often during the last 14 years. I live in the Pacific NW and in the late '90s I met up 2 or...