Search results

1. Honza

ATT type attack with Napalm vs a Cave

G11.8 & G17.41 Does an ATT attack with napalm vs a cave add the +6 to the effects DR? Answer: Yes it does.
  2. Honza

Getting the BPV of SS AE right.

ASL producers seem to have a block when it comes to getting the BPV of SS AE right. BFP and AF have got it wrong. You add 1 BPV for the AE status and another 1 BPV for SS status. It is not a huge issue, but I wish there was more correct values on the back of the counters. A SS AE 838 squad...
  3. Honza

Either/Or Game

This is another ASL/WWII game. The first person gives a choice between two things. The reply must choose one of those and then offer the next choice. So here goes: 2x PzVIE(L) or 5x T34/M43
  4. Honza

DONATIONS

Not only do MMP pay the license fee for ASL without any contributions from TPP, Curt also said he has invested a substantial amount of his own money into the hobby to keep it going. It occurred to me that MMP could add a Donations function to their website to allow anyone who wanted to, to...
  5. Honza

Faulty T34M41 counters.

In VotG there were 6 faulty T34M41 counters. Were they replaced in any later module?
  6. Honza

Post War AFV Armour Factor

I've been doing some looking at post war AFV Armour Factors. It started when FW came out. The Pershings and Centurions of the KW had AF of 18. Then I looked at T54/T55 which have AF of 18 & 26 for the turret. It seems that up until the 70's almost all AFV can be declared to have AF of 18 or 26...
  7. Honza

GMT Games Panzer & MBT on HASL maps.

Over on the ASL FB page the players recommended GMT Games Panzer & MBT modules. They said the AFV combat rules are amongst the best and even better than ASL AFV combat rules. The trouble is the maps are pretty basic. So I have dreamt up the idea of playing these modules on HASL maps. Normal geo...
  8. Honza

Which are the AFV heavy CGs?

Which CGs are AFV heavy? The KGP modules, Operation Veritable, Onslaught To Orsha, Prokhorovka!.....any others? (Ponyri on it's way). I must admit that I'm happy with the vehicle rules in ASL. Concise but effective. When a new module like Prokhorovka is released, which is AFV heavy, I don't...
  9. Honza

Zamoly - huge tank battle.

Zamoly is half way between Lake Balaton and Budapest. From what I can gather there was a huge tank battle there. This is on line to be the next instalment from AF. Check out the draft map.
  10. Honza

Do you play any ACW games?

Just bought my third game of the Gettysburg battle. I now have Last Chance For Victory, The Three Days Of Gettysburg and a Most Fearful Sacrifice. Sincerely hoping that I get a chance to put them on the table one day. I'm not a huge ACW gaming fan, but would like to try it. Do you ever...
  11. Honza

The Stalingrad series.

How much of this series has been completed? Does anyone own all the printed ones so far? Do they all come with scenarios? Any feedback appreciated.
  12. Honza

The Brickworks in Stalingrad.

Scenarios set in the Brickworks between DTW and RB do exist. CH has released its map section of the Brickworks, complete with scenarios set therein. There is a 20 Turn monster whereby the Germans have to capture all multihex buildings on the map. I think this is a first for ASL. There is only...
  13. Honza

Where has Von Marwitz vanished to?

He is normally so active on the forum, but I have not seen any sign of him in weeks.
  14. Honza

Napalm vs Caves

If the aircraft is using the ITT for its Napalm attack then I figure it is a +4 TEM & -1 Napalm TH modifier for a total +3 TH to hit the cave. If it hits the result is a flat 24FP IFT effects DR. What about if the aircraft uses the ATT? It needs a 7 TH, with a -1 Napalm TH modifier. So the...
  15. Honza

Napalm vs Caves

If the aircraft is using the ITT for its Napalm attack then I figure it is a +4 TEM & -1 Napalm TH modifier for a total +3 TH to hit the cave. If it hits the result is a flat 24FP IFT effects DR. What about if the aircraft uses the ATT? It needs a 7 TH, with a -1 Napalm TH modifier. So the...
  16. Honza

How does a Blaze affect Guns/SW?

The chpt B Fire rules stipulate what happens to infantry/AFV in a Blaze in B25.4. But what about Guns/SW? No mention of them. Even the Napalm rules have a special mention of Guns/SW in G17.41. Any ideas?
  17. Honza

Does ASL crop up in your dreams at all?

Not a lot in my case, except for this recurring dream. There is a huge factory in my dream and there is preparation going on for an epic battle to take place in there. This has occurred at least three times in my sleep. What would an analyst say?
  18. Honza

Two Heroes firing a MG.

What happens if two heroes fire a MG? Do they get a -2 DRM? (One for each hero)
  19. Honza

multiple Bog checks.

If one has to pass three Bog checks in one hex, each with no DRM, does one take one combined Bog check with no DRM or does one take three separate checks? For example Broken Ground is Bog terrain, Light Sand is Bog terrain and Sunken Caves are Bog terrain – all with no extra DRM. If one entered...
  20. Honza

multiple Bog checks

If one has to pass three Bog checks in one hex each with no DRM, does one take one combined Bog check with no DRM or does one take three separate checks?