Search results

1. Mad Russian

Is Mis-ID In CMBN?

I've not seen anywhere that shows any mis-identification going on in CMBN. Did it make it into the game or not? Good Hunting. MR
  2. Mad Russian

New members introduce yourself here

I'm new to this forum. I go by Mad Russian. I started playing SL in June of 1978 when I got back from Germany. Played heavily until around 1985. Haven't played since that time until this year. I spent some time doing ASL sized scenarios in the Combat Mission game system. I'm currently involved...
  3. Mad Russian

On All Fronts

I have several copies of the old SL/ASL gaming magazine On All Fronts but I'm missing a copy of Issue #64/March 1988. Does anyone have a copy of this laying around that I might get them to scan for me? If you own it you know it's only 12 pages. Thanks in advance for all comments. Good...
  4. Mad Russian

CM:B4N Abstracting

Man, that's a lot of abstracting going on. Don't worry what your eyes tell you, let us worry about that. Don't worry that it looks like you can shoot through walls; it's just invisible doors and windows. Don't worry that your men have their heads above the side of the HT the code takes care of...
  5. Mad Russian

"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

Yes, I understand that. BUT I need to know which side you are playing and who your opponent is. Both sides get a tactical briefing and information sheet that is seperate from the scenario itself. I answered your email and am waiting for your reply. Good Hunting. MR
  6. Mad Russian

I'll need to know which side you are playing to send you the correct briefing. And what your opponents email address is so I can send him his as well. Good Hunting. MR
  7. Mad Russian

I'm not the administrator here but I think we are pretty much on auto pilot from what I've seen of the GS tournament administrator in this tournament at this time. If you need an opponent and want to finish the game let me know and I'll see if I can find someone to fight this out with you...
  8. Mad Russian

You're a good man Cherper. Let JML know he has an opponent then. Good Hunting. MR
  9. Mad Russian

Anybody want to play this scenario with JML? I'm sure he would appreciate an opponent. Good Hunting. MR
  10. Mad Russian

Well????? Is anybody still playing the Black Pigs? Nobody else wants to discuss it? You've learned all you can learn from me now? Okay. If you want to discuss anything else we can do that. Tactics, equipment...anything other than QB's since I know next to nothing about them. Good Hunting. MR
  11. Mad Russian

Yes, you're on topic. That's because we want you to be able to finish all the scenarios. Good Hunting. MR
  12. Mad Russian

I have the game file and nobody has requested it or I'd have sent it to them. That holds true for anyone else as well. Good Hunting. MR
  13. Mad Russian

Does somebody want to step up and play Kineas? Somebody that played the Soviets can now try this as the Germans without alot of big foreknowledge issues. You can see what it's like on the other side of those Katy's!! Good Hunting. MR
  14. Mad Russian

Black Pigs and GD

Just finished my battle with Cherper. First I want to say what an excellent job he did trying to take a very tough position. Several Soviet players have made mention of the fact that the wire was hard to get over. The German players like that part of the scenario. The Germans aren't so...
  15. Mad Russian

Finished my battle Cherper. This was a very hard fought battle. He was on the verge of winning this fight more than once. Being the scenario designer didn't save me in this case. Being a more experinced gamer did. See the commentary about the outcome of our battle, in Black Pigs and GD thread...
  16. Mad Russian

Who is supposed to be updating the tournament results? I see the tournament results for Rounds 1 and 2 but not for any games that have been finished in rounds 3 and 4. Is there somebody driving this bus? Good Hunting. MR
  17. Mad Russian

The Eye of the Tiger....Let's Discuss Surprise!!

Well, my battle with Mangus is finally over and I hold the village. He like many of you sat back and killed every tank I moved into LOS of his Tigers. The problem is where I moved them and when. As he started forward I moved a platoon of T-34's up the gully on my right flank. He took them out...
  18. Mad Russian

The Eye of the Tiger....Let's Discuss Surprise!!

The not gaining any flags would not have you winning this scenario any more. The sitting back with the Tigers and doing overwatch is the way to use the Tigers but the Soviets have to use their T-34's too. They can't just sit back and have you shoot them to pieces with your big cats...
  19. Mad Russian

Black Pigs and GD

You have to remember what is happening on the map. A German stronpoint is under attack. BOTH SIDES are going to be moving their forces quickly. The Germans to try to tip the scales in their favor with more defenders and the Soviets to try to overload the defenses. In either case the on the...
  20. Mad Russian

Black Pigs and GD

You suffered terrible infantry casualties because his defenders were all in place and waiting for you. That's why the rockets were there to keep that from happening. The JSU's can make a BIG difference in that situation though. They can level that village all by themselves and if I was going to...