Search results

1. R

graphic bug

Can I get a save game too? ralphtrickey at operationalwarfare dot com
  2. R

New map icons

We're currently planning on allowing 3 distinct icons per map which can be set up per scenario. Unless the team finds a way to break it, we should be able to provide a limited number of graphics that can be used isntead of place names. These are strictly for eye candy and have no use other...
  3. R

When and where?

It should be started shortly after the patch is out.:devious: Congratulations!:smoke:
  4. R

Stupid editor question..

Actually, any unit will blow a bridge if they're on defense. I don't remember the exact criteria, though.
  5. R

Stupid editor question..

Have you tried simply putting an engineer or HQ on the bridge? I'm pretty sure that 'support formations' go last in the pecking order, and if retreating will blow the bridges.:clown:, The other way would be to turn on the POLog, see which formation goes last, and put the unit that moves last...
  6. R

Pre-action report (Road to Rimini)

Itried two games against the new Elmer, The first one on defense, and the second on offense. After reading the scenario briefing, I studied the map. It was pretty obvious that the west side was very weak, but the east side was where all the victory hexes were. Looking at the units I had, I also...
  7. R

Veteran Sign In

As in the airfields are within easy flying distance of each other. The German have 15 or so airplanes, the British have 2 The British planes shouldn't last beyone round 1 of the Germans turn. Ralph.
  8. R

Veteran Sign In

Any house rules? I noticed that the British aircraft are pretty much toase on turn 1 the way things are<g>.
  9. R

Air-Defence in TOAW3

OK, how the heck does multi-quote work anyway:mad: I'd rather finish this and get it out. The next one is going to be ambitious, I want to adress the fact that the turns aren't symetric, and that's very non-trivial. I also want to participate in the training games:clown:. I suppose I...
  10. R

Air-Defence in TOAW3

If that fails to help, send me a .sal with instructions on how to reproduce the issue, and I'll take a look. It will keep me out of the code so we can release the patch.:cool:
  11. R

Another workshop?

It should be easier after the patch.:p Range Rings are there, the Air Assistant works better. I'm even hoping to add some icons for blown bridges! I'm hoping to add zooming way out, and displaying your objective tracks if you need a hint in a new scenario. The new flanking rules also make a...
  12. R

Another workshop?

Any interest in restarting this effort after the patch comes out?
  13. R

Alternative World War - mod for TOAWIII with Communist PO

Probably not a big help. I had to turn it off because the sound library won't handle multiple CPUs. I need to look into that still and see why. THere's a switch for the directsound litbraries, they aren't 100% yet, but should be MP compatible.
  14. R

XML Editor Question

Vol is supposed to be volume, but I'm not sure what it means off-hand. Flags 1-7 are bit fields, that means that if you go into the calculator, set it to scientific, and click 'bin' you'll see the exact values, for exampe, 254 is 11111110. The meaning of these corresponds to the values...
  15. R

OOB Import Export

The patch should be coming soon that will include full OOB export/Import into XML, including formations, etc.:smoke:
  16. R

New Bug in TAOW III version???

The easiest thing is probaly to send me the turn sent to the Axis player right after Paris fell. I'll walk through the events and make sure that the correct army is withdrawn, then send a sal file to the axis player, so I'll need his email. If you both agree, you can send me a later turn sent...
  17. R

Alternative World War - mod for TOAWIII with Communist PO

This was intended to sorrect events that were pointing to the wrong unit after converting from COW 100 to 300. When it loads the scenario, It checks to see if there are any withdraw events pointing to an invalid unit. Unfortunately a unit becomes invalid when it's split or withdrawn, or ... I...
  18. R

Oh hell, Spanish withdrawal bug still there!!!

<chuckle> It's what happens when I try to be helpful:devious: I tried to help with resetting the events when migrating from Opart100 to Opart300. I only forgot the minor check of verifying that the scenario was an Opart100 scenario:crosseye: If Lodz were still Alive, then he would have been...
  19. R

I sent back a valid .SAL file. This problem is fixed for the next patch, although it's possible some games started under the old 3.0.17 patch may still be bugged. If you run across one, please post in the Matrix support forum and/or email me, and I'll do my best to fix it.
  20. R

Or you can send them to me direct. ralphtrickey at hotmail dot com. The problem is with the events run at the beginning of turn 7. I need the pbl generated by the last person to play turn 6 , and the email address of the person to send a .sal file to that beging turn 7. Thanks, Ralph