Search results

1. kawaiku

How Do You Distinguish Americans?

Came across this on Youtube. Mildly interesting and spot on about what college kids wear to class haha... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Igk4XvzwOCw
  2. kawaiku

What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Yeah, he does great, night street photography in Tokyo, the guy is a wizard. Nice picture! I miss him a lot. And haha no no... Blackie is soaking up all the sun and then running around at night meowing hella loud followed by waiting for someone to get into an uncomfortable sleeping position so...
  3. kawaiku

What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

Resurrection!!! A year later! A couple of wallpapers I've sported over the last year or so... From one of my favorite street photographer from Tokyo Japan. Anime called Mononoke. Can watch it on Youtube for free. Real departure from your typical anime. Totally worth watching...
  4. kawaiku

Music: what are you Listening to now?

Their last post on FB was in December of last year so they're still around just no idea if they are producing anything :( :( And haha!! Also, this is my favorite Japanese female rock band. Saw them live when they opened for The Pillows a few years ago. They kicked ass, bought two of their...
  5. kawaiku

I know! I rediscovered their albums a few days ago so I've been playing them a lot. Great group and Irene has an amazing voice. Sadly, it seems they haven't put anything new out for sometime (at least, from what I can see in my brief interwebs searches).
  6. kawaiku

Been listening to Everybody Loves Irene again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MShSOcs0SKI
  7. kawaiku

Total Recall [2012 remake]

Hahaha :laugh:
  8. kawaiku

Total Recall [2012 remake]

Can you really trust Hollywood to do that??
  9. kawaiku

Anime

Was surfing funny anime clips online when I came across this gem. NSFW, a... so bad it's good! :laugh: :p https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9vnrlsQ3c&list=PLjYWveOt0Why9mpTRjHHYHTyd48yizkC6&index=4
  10. kawaiku

The Order: 1886 - A Beautiful Failure

I watched someone I know play this game and Angry Joe totally nails it. It's a gorgeous, well produced game and in all honesty, after watching someone play it, it would have been better as a mini-series or something and just leave out the gameplay.
  11. kawaiku

Ghost in the Shell Snags Scarlett Johansson

What do you mean by this? I'm a little lost :hmmm:
  12. kawaiku

My best guess is that if the movie didn't show the aliens being outright beaten with that bandoleer of grenades, we may have gotten a crappy squeal. I personally would have preferred the idea that once the neural network is kaput, that the aliens are essentially like Tyranids when a hive mind is...
  13. kawaiku

WWII Italian Campaign Books

The Day of Battle: The War in Sicily and Italy, 1943-1944 by Rick Atkinson covers the American part of the fighting in Italy up to the capture of Rome. A very good book however, I was a bit disappointed it didn't cover the rest of the fighting in northern Italy.
  14. kawaiku

Yeah she would be perfect. She's attractive but also has this badass edge to her as well that lets you know you don't f**k with her. And it was a really good movie. Very sharp and really had no weak points from what I can see while also staying indelibly true to the source material. Scarlett...
  15. kawaiku

Yeah. I just recently watched Edge of Tomorrow which is an adaptation of a Japanese light novel (that was also adapted into a manga as well) called All You Need is Kill. They honestly nailed it. Save for the happy ending in the movie, the original isn't really that happy and the aliens are not...
  16. kawaiku

New 'Alien' movie with Neill Blomkamp Confimred

Errrr... seems like the wildely successful Alien Isolation gave Fox the confidence to o.k. this movie since they did partner with Creative Assembly to make the game. I hope Neill is aware of the reasons behind Isolation's success and doesn't muck about too much with this new one. So a couple of...
  17. kawaiku

Fury Review

I would say the ending was a disappointment. I didn't mind most of the movie but that last battle was just...errr... quite pitiful.
  18. kawaiku

Fury Review

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be keeping an eye for that one.
  19. kawaiku

Fury Review

Agreed on all accounts. On the scene with the two women I began wondering how it would end and when the artillery began dropping I knew why it ever happened in the first place *sigh*. But the two main battle scenes with the tiger and dug-in German infantry were the highlights of the films to me...
  20. kawaiku

My friends got these songs stuck in my head. Ghosts is currently the main song stuck in my head as it's catchy as hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlEb3L1PIco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjk5x54bsE