Search results

1. C

Semper Fi wargame

I played it again just this past summer. I found the game to be quite good.
  2. C

Will the Government kill commercial wargames?

I think you miss part of my point. If the developers start to create wargames for the government contracts, then the government "drives" the market and thus the content and subject of the wargames. In effect, we see an endless series of modern wargames. The government will not be putting out...
  3. C

Thank God that the big defense contractors and the "old boy network" in the bureaucracy have gotten together to stamp out inexpensive, fast civilian wargames. It is nice to know that not only can they work together to give us $20 million model planes by calling them UAV's, but that they can...
  4. C

Computer wargames are a small niche market. The very existence of this market is dependent on that talented, but extremely small group of people that can design, develop, program and in some cases, even market these games. Such people are rare and are giving up financial stability that...
  5. C

Should anybody do a wargame on USA versus Al Qaeda?

I see your point. It almost seems that is someone did a USA vs Al Qaeda game, it would have to be like a detective thirller not a wargame. However, I am amazed that we have not seen scenarios or mods entitled something like "Killing Osama". I have not looked hard, but I have not even seen...
  6. C

Hi Ivan, Do you think it was vetoed because of difficulties taking the game system to the modern era or was it vetoed because it was too "controversial"?
  7. C

Not long after the USA went into Afghanistan, I remember reading an article (I think HPS Squad Battles) about a game in possible development on USA versus Al Qaeda. Do you think it is a no-no to do a game on this topic? If one of the purposes of wargames is to teach, then the current...
  8. C

Can solitaire save board wargaming?

Maybe in our quest to make wargaming more accessible we have overlooked the prize asset. The very magazine that created this forum. I have no access to the financial numbers and can only base my opinion on gossip, but I wunderstand that the launch of this magazine has been successful so far...
  9. C

Games with strong AI?

Flight Commander II IMHO, has the best tactical AI I have seen. With small numbers of jets flying in a Vietnamese era, the AI is difficult to defeat for me. The AI is very good at matching up the capabilities of the the jets and using the advantages of its own jets to move to a position of...
  10. C

New HPS Game - Modern Air Combat -

Hi, Rich has received the map that I redid by following Hub's post. It was Hub that suggested the changes for that map. It works for me now. Rich said he would post it soon.
  11. C

Hi Hub, Thanks so much. I have been spending hours on this and even exchanged emails with HPS about this. Thirty minutes after reading your post, my game was running fine. I owe you one. Can I copy and post your words to the Unofficial HPS Forum? There are some guys in there that could...
  12. C

Help for the, ahem... n00b.

Do we really want Doctor Sinister to be the first guy to offer welcomes?
  13. C

Hi Meade, The F-14A is in the database. The game has all North Vietnamese and USN and USAF planes that were historically involved too. Including B-52, F-100, F-102, electronic warfare aircraft, recon aircraft, tankers, helicoptors....all of it. This is the first game of a series. It...
  14. C

I have it but I cannot get it to run. The tactical map will not display. After a few emails with HPS, I am told there is a conflict with DirectX. This has affected some other gamers but I do not know how many.
  15. C

TacOps Gazette 04.01

If the map maker and AI are successful in the next TacOps, I think this will be the ultimate in tactical game on the market. Good luck Major.
  16. C

Superbowl halftime show

I think the whole Jackson breast thing was just a symptom of "American" culture as it is perceived today. Both before and after the halftime show, we were treated to horse farting commercials, endless "pills" to turn men into permanent dildos, and cars drenched in every smirking sexual...
  17. C

Fresh Battlefields! info from Matrix Games

Very good article. I like the "new" screenshots. By the way, I really like the great effort and changes in this sight. It shows and I find myself making time to stop by this page more and more.