Search results

1. B

Medieval Total War

I recently purchased it out of the bargain bin at Walmart. No manual included so I go online to see if it is a pdf. I quickly find out on the official forums that CA/Activision are claiming these are possibly pirated copies and should be returned to the retailer. How lame. People have posted of...
  2. B

Which Product Would You Prefer Released First?

Yeah Don I went off on MMP. I have made up my mind to only purchase from them. Yeah I could e-bay and be hooked up but does that help? MMP made quite clear to me that this was a hobby venture and deffinitly not a buisness venture. Perhaps in the long run that will be cool. I also do not see how...
  3. B

Dyo

I can tell by the replies what we were doing is well of the scope of what most consider DYO. We didn't use any purchase points. Since all of us were active duty Infantry our interest were more orientated towards small unit tactics than anything else. Also for us Victory Conditions were quite...
  4. B

Dyo

Sheesh. You choose equal orders of battle. That in Platoon vs Platoon on up. Hell if you wanted you could do brigades. Choose some turf, set up and go. Alot of times we even discussed what forces we were going with as we set up.
  5. B

What do you think of MMP's stewardship of ASL so far?

Well it has been almost a year I have been waiting on MMP. I want to get back in but I also want my money to go to MMP. Gee they seem to need it worse than a wino. I see there is a starter kit I might can intice a newbie in with and get reaquinted. Well better than that and before that I...
  6. B

Dyo

I have noticed dyo is like highly frowned upon. This was our favorite way of play in the military. I also notice that most players mention balance when dissing DYO. This really puzzles me. VERY few actions in any conflict have been "BALANCED" Supperior terrain, leadership, troops, equitment...
  7. B

Does ASL have too many maps or not enough?

Thans Don you deffinitly got the jist of the post. I also note how much of my SL/ASL experience was just that in the service. You get your platoon/company I get mine and may the best man win. Are ASLers so anal it has to be official? MMP is official no offense to everybody else, but do we want...
  8. B

Does ASL have too many maps or not enough?

With the work of the vassal map cabal and the availability of color printers why should maps be much of a topic of debate?
  9. B

Best time of year for your wargaming?

I would say the winter, but that is because most of the people that I do play online with are up north so they have that whole, its too cold thing going on. Which sometimes puts a crimp on me since I am much more active outside in the winter when it isnt 100 degrees outside.
  10. B

Clunky?

Don I think it is a case of "its new so we don't like it". Personally I think you run one of the better looking sites and forum on the web. And as far as senory overload, guys just be glad we don't have any users with those anoying full screen sized animated signatures!
  11. B

VASL: Online

I have been using Voice Comm's on 56k with flight sims for years so I wouldn't worry about having broad band.
  12. B

Best & Worst Second World War Movies ever made?

Hard to add to this list. But I will throw in my two cents anyway. WWII Memphis Belle. I am suprised this has not been mentioned. Real footage mixed in and deffinitly some pucker factor. 1000 Plane Raid. If I saw it again today it would probably be cheesy but I remeber watching it...
  13. B

Aliens vs. Predator -- who will win the war?

Yeah I have seen some of those and will agree with your assesment. I know nothing of Aliens vs Predators as a game. Soeey mea culpa. Still I could name atleast 150 titles that if they stuck to the pages would be worth a damn. From Poe to King and that is still leaving out tons.
  14. B

Don, about the new layout

I think the "Free Fire Zone" is the best name I have seen yet for an open, current events, politics board. You have the site looking very well Don.
  15. B

Aliens vs. Predator -- who will win the war?

Hell with the state of CGI nowdays I could provide about twenty years of stuff right off of my bookshelf. Remaking Starship Troopers the right way would be a great start. I don't know what makes these idiots in Hollywood think they are better than proven masters and go mucking about with great...
  16. B

Rules of the forum

There is a catch to these kind of prices. Generally you are looking at having to purchase a block of 1000 acres or so. However I have seen locally some resonable blocks, say 40 to 100 acres at those prices. Also land like this is in the sticks. It may be an hours drive to the grocery store. But...
  17. B

Rules of the forum

Have you looked at Alabama Don? Property can be a steal if you are willing to drive a bit. The $15,000 I gave for my 5 acres is considered high for the area I am in but it was worth it to me. I have seen land in reasonable chunks for as low as $200 an acre. Alabama also has alot less restrictive...
  18. B

My apologies

Ivan in response to the locked thread we have plenty of those types here in the US. It has absolutly nothing to do with the Bush administration. There were looney tunes like this running around protesting operation Desert Sheild/Storm. Which if I recall correctly we were invited to participate...
  19. B

What is your favourite sport?

Colledge Football becuase they are still pumped full of for the glory of the school and havent figured out its just a job. I rarely watch the pros. Most forms of Auto racing. Mainly NASCAR and endurance racing. I havent followed F1 in a few years. There is just too much disparity amongst the...
  20. B

Best 80s Music

MZ you need to specify what kind of music you are looking far. The 80's had a wide range of stuff. There were a few good rock bands still alive and kicking, punk and new wave were going on.