Search results

1. C

Cowering and FPF (ASLSK)

Right, roger that. Thats the one thing I thought long and hard about .. as you know from personal experience from playing me, my DR are iffy at the best of times .. : (
  2. C

MMP announcement on ConSim

Yes .. totally new meaning to storing your nuts for winter ......
  3. C

I have to ask

WOw even us in the great white north wouldn't make that mistake ... : -)
  4. C

Cowering and FPF (ASLSK)

Thank you both Andrew and Robin for the explanation. This was one rule that I had some questions on in the past and you help clear the issue for me. Thanks once again
  5. C

Cowering and FPF (ASLSK)

Hi Guys; I have a situation in S2 where by a Russian conscript has cowered so a final fired marker is on his head. Next thing that happens is another German unit is moving right up next to him. My question is can the conscript do a FPF attack and would the final modified FP equal 1 FP ...
  6. C

MMP announcement on ConSim

Hey I'm happy ..... I think all the complaining from the thirty something gang is because reality has struck home of our own mortality and the need to play all those up and coming games now! before we go .... to the wargaming room in the sky ..... profound ain't it.. ... : -)
  7. C

KGP I Combat Report

Yup... Purist write ups makes for a very compelling need to start playing this one ...... Keep them coming, Purist ...
  8. C

J43 3rd RTR in the Rain

I might do that after things here slow down some and I'm a little more familiar with ASL. I've written several AAR's of sorts for TCS before and did them up a la Purist style.
  9. C

Rules I dont like

I like BI but as a newbie this extra morale dimension really hurts when you're learning. Still I'd rather play with it .... best to learn the proper way to sharpen my killing instincts ..
  10. C

J43 3rd RTR in the Rain

Hey Roy; Great AAR .... these write up are what turns the game into motion and increases everyones desire to hopefully play them.
  11. C

Onslaught to Orsha

Hey If you check the AAR's you'll see a pretty good write up of the scenarios .. I think there are two ... anyway if you were to go back a couple of pages from the trend titles ... pg. 5 I think (this is the only way I know how to tell you) you'll see some other comments from the gang on...
  12. C

Random Selection Record?

Hey .. was this by your own hands of via Dicebot?? : (
  13. C

Why is SMP getting the short stick?

Wow! The Aprilia map looks Great. I've DL'ed some of the other scens as well. I'll try these out soon .. Thanks
  14. C

Anything besides ASL?

SL was my first real love for wargaming ... tried Europa games ... scale didn't feel right ....maps and counters to bland .. liked most of the rules but...... then moved onto The Gamers OCS, TCS, line of games. Loved the scale in OCS supply consumption for vehicles (limiting movement or...
  15. C

ASL 19 Backs to the Sea

Hi Cherde .... My What ???? ...... FOW?? : -)
  16. C

What rules do you have the hardest time grasping?

This rings pretty close for this newbie ... I hope to master this system someday .. soon...
  17. C

Greatness of ASL Community

Wargaming is good ASL is better Hey Guys I've met more great gamers on this site in the last year than I have in the pass 15 yrs playing ....other wargames. Still have many more players I'd like to challenge and will after my real life slows down starting next year ......ah so many...
  18. C

Advance Phase

leopard crawl Hi When APH come around I think of units (squads)moving around using leopard crawls or quick dash to another location. This may be in sight of enemy units but do they always fire at moving targets .... sometimes but I also think they will just take a bead on the target hex...
  19. C

CyberASL Open VI thread

Rats.. I'll miss Mondays if you have it ..but if you're still (or if Ron is still, that is ; -) ) standing and you're playing Wednesday night I'll tune in then.
  20. C

Aslsk2

Aslsk 2,3,4 .... I'll buy them all. Still a newbie I'm picking up new rules all the time plus I've got an 11 yr old that I'm trying to get playing so these kits well be of greater value to me if I get him interested.