Search results

1. wrongway149

SSR wording?

Borrowing a bit from my own 'magic partisans' in J1 Urban Guerillas--or maybe taking it to the next level. What do you guys think here? Any time A successful sniper attack is made by the Japanese, he must roll a direction (no distance) dr from the sniper counter and place a 5/8 ? in the...
  2. wrongway149

Using Chat GPT for scenario narratives

So far not quite good enough to put me on the unemployment line: "The Battle of the Red October Factory, fought from October 17-19, 1942, was one of the most important engagements of the Battle of Stalingrad. The Red October Factory was a large munitions factory located in the heart of...
  3. wrongway149

Can anyone recommend this book (Or not)?

Yo my dudes! I am considering some scenarios on this campaign, and there isn't a whole lot of research material on it. Sadly I no longer buy war books (or any books, really) just to have books so if anyone has read this and thinks it will be good scenario research material -- gimme a thumbs...
  4. wrongway149

Winter Offensive Attendance and how life Mimics ASL.

I was planning on attending after the two-year hiatus., needing a 10 To Hit. But after adding up the mods: My travel bud has taken ill, so no shared adventure available ( +3) I start a new job on Monday at a hospital, so want to be fresh after not working steady for almost 3 years. (+3) The...
  5. wrongway149

Factory battles?

Greetings, Follow Grognards! Question: Besides the obvious Stalingrad-- what were some battles that featured fighting for similarly large factories? Along with one of the top map designers in the game, I am working on a Deluxe ASL project featuring real factory terrain - think interior...
  6. wrongway149

Martin Mayers - are you out there?

I need your -mail address, please.
  7. wrongway149

Missing Counter?

Some nations have 'static' MG mounts (AA versions) as ordnance counters -- What would a water-cooled M2 .50 cal be? 10-16? The original photo claimed is was a USMC weapon on Guadalcanal.
  8. wrongway149

OK, here's another SSR:

Premise: minor objectives controlled can be used to gain DRMs to modify reinforcement roll. Rule as I am wording it now: : 4) For each of buildings 76H5 and 76M3 controlled by the partisan player at the end of each game turns 1-3, he receives one DRM point. Each DRM point is exchanged for...
  9. wrongway149

US 2nd Infantry Division in Normandy

I have recently read several sources claiming that the US 23rd (and possibly 38th) Infantry Regiments of 2 ID landed at D +1 equipped with Springfield 1903 bolt-action rifles rather than M1 Garands. Apparently the Col in command did not like the ammo usage on the M1. (a 6+1 for sure) The GIs...
  10. wrongway149

Scenario Designer's bucket list

Let's start with Beyond Valor and Yanks: Are there any vehicles/ gun counters which have yet to be included in a scenario? Official vs TPP? Any of you uber-geeks keeping track of this on a spreadsheet or some other method? I'll see if I can work them in to some of my current projects :)
  11. wrongway149

How many 'encircled' counters in the game?

Question for the armory geeks: How many 'encircled' markers came with Beyond Valor? Did any come with other core modules or official HASLs? Thanks
  12. wrongway149

Tron:Legacy

Got a sneak-preview of this one tonight. Verdict: If you like the 3-D technology, this one is worth a couple extra bucks. If you like strong plot and characters, see Star Wars again instead. (in fact, they borrowed so much, I thought I was watching Darth Vader and OBi-Wan Kenobi...
  13. wrongway149

HBO's "The Pacfic"

I can't bring myself to subscribe to HBO just for this. The DVD set will likely top my Christmas list, however. One old local jarhead doesn't want to wait: http://news-herald.com/articles/2010/03/12/news/doc4b9a654de2fe2600733767.txt
  14. wrongway149

J8 scenarios -most likely to succeed?

Which of the scenarios from Journal number eight is most likely to become an all-time classic? Of course Elephants Unleashed has a lot of momentum going , but I think my Schloss can stay with it over the long haul.
  15. wrongway149

Off topic: favor for aging WWII vet.

A colleague from work knew I had some resources for this kind of thing. Anyone know anything more? .
  16. wrongway149

sad day for jazz lovers and basketball fans

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/15/obit.wayman.tisdale/ Truly one of the 'good guys'. I am blessed to have seen him in concert . :cry:
  17. wrongway149

Valkyrie trailer, and news.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/movie-news-story/ar/_a/cruises-valkyrie-pushed-back-again/20080408152809990001
  18. wrongway149

Change the foxhole rule? (B27.4)

Should rule B27.4 be changed to make foxhole movement consistent with routing from a foxhole? (extra MP to enter/exit foxhole is combined with COT to allow unit cover of the FH throughout the entire one-hex movement.) Should this be allowed for all movement, or just Assault-moving units?
  19. wrongway149

Michael Moore at it again...

Just in time for election season, with a new target: Sicko is Socko | TIME The only one of his movies I've actually seen is Bowling for Columbine. I found the assessment of American gun culture interesting, but he lost me when he went off that into more general criticisms. With that, the...