Search results

1. R

n00b needs help (TM)

This website has since been relocated. The index is here: http://www.savemstateathletics.com/tdg/index.php
  2. R

So, what can we take from these reviews?

Curt, Your "graphics comparison" is a definite must in any future upgrades. That is impressive and something that is a necessity at that scale.
  3. R

Getting A Copy

This explains why Avalon Hill was still turning out junk as late as 1980 (and may still be) and games like Anzio were dumped.
  4. R

How do I order company to stop/start without affecting the attached scouts?

Kneecaps, This may not help answer your question, but I hope it does. Move them independently (i.e., units) and safeguard them. If they are lost you can't issue company level orders until you reorganize the company with the hierarachy tree. (see p.26 & 68) Keep the following in mind as...
  5. R

Patrick, I ran through several manuevers as described above in an attempt to duplicate this and the units/formations are doing as you wrote. I admit I haven't seen this in a while and I hope I never do again. ==================== Kneecaps, The main thing to maintain your formations in...
  6. R

Kneecaps, You're welcome. Correct. That's what I discovered. Running one more node past the stop node or for that matter, not allowing a unit/hierararchy to get to the last node before you can add to the path will prevent this.
  7. R

Kneecaps, Here's an idea. Download the ATF demo and select the "Death Valley: Task Force Attack." When you make your initial deployment instead of using the AP shown move your hierarchies away from there to avoid artillery fire and practice setting paths and formations. Make a lot of use of...
  8. R

Javelin ATGM

Curt, I had forgotten about that one. If memory serves me correct I believe that one time the DIVAD demo system turned its guns at the reviewing stand in one of the dog and pony shows. Fortunately, there was no firing, but I bet that a record was set in emptying out the bleachers that no BCT...
  9. R

Javelin ATGM

Curt, The CA1 ("Gephard") comes to mind in memory of the DIVAD ("SGT York") fiasco of the early '80s.
  10. R

Military language

And thank you as well, Curt. That's a fine site you posted and duly bookmarked. Shoot, they even have "FUBAR"!
  11. R

Military language

Rilie, Many thanks. I saw it in the "Death Valley Defense" sceanrio OPORD. You're right. They do love their acroynms, sometimes to the point of unnessary confusion.
  12. R

Military language

Here's one I didn't see: o/o. Other than this one the manual is pretty comprehensive. I've been out too damn long to remember it. As a note aside I swear I think that there is a group of staff officers and n.c.o.s with no functions that periodically change the acronyms around to justify...
  13. R

OODA Loop

Here is a whole website dedicated to Col. Boyd's memory. It was set up by one of his "acolytes," Chuck Spinney. http://www.d-n-i.net/second_level/boyd_military.htm William S. Lind's columns on 3GW and 4GW are featured as well. Enjoy.
  14. R

Poor ME!

Correct, E.R! ;)
  15. R

Poor ME!

Greetings, J. Betin. Nothing to apologize for. It is redneck talk... :D Let me try to explain it this way. It is a colloquial meaning to get the work at hand done in the quickest manner possible.
  16. R

Poor ME!

E.R., I commiserate with you on being denied access by over zealous types. No doubt the thought here is that by doing this the employees will do as you have described above. That reminds me of a construction company and a crew I was assigned to years ago. "Get it!" was their motto and by this...
  17. R

Everyone helps to build the FAQ :)

E.R., Thanks to you and all the others for taking the time to put this together. It will serve everyone well. I see you posted this on Halloween. Well, there is no "trick" here! This is a treat and it ought to be sent to Mr. Koger. He might wish to use this for an update for the rules...
  18. R

E R, Okay, I will do that and look forward to seeing the rest of the document when you are done. I looked at the attachment you moved further down the thread and it looks good. In fact, I’m happy to say that based on this and the other answers/tricks that I have read that I have been reduced...
  19. R

E R Chaser, And this is excellent as well too. There are some things in there that I haven't even thought about, so this is turning out nicely. I use "Word 2000." If I may be of assistance with any of the typing, let me know. I know, never volunteer for anything, but this is the exception. :)