2. jayedub7423

ULTRAMARINES - The Movie!!!!

I'm still excited.
  3. jayedub7423

The best sci-fi movie ever made?

Spaceballs
  4. jayedub7423

What's Your Desktop Wallpaper?

I rotate backgrounds a lot too. Back in the day I would use just a plain black background in order to save some resources.
  5. jayedub7423

IW hates PC gamers!

I found this over at Evil Avatar: Gamestop today hosted an online chat session with three Infinity Ward employees (including Mackey McCandlish & Ryan Lastimosa) concerning the soon to be released Modern Warfare 2. Questions were fielded live by online users, and understandably there were...
  6. jayedub7423

Red Cliff

I have been waiting for this movie for awhile on my netflix for ages.
  7. jayedub7423

Dead Space for the Xbox 360

Dead Space for the Xbox is awesome. I played an early preview test at EA and I thought it sucked hard. But I was very pleasantly surprised at how great the game turned out. The only issues with controls I had are with the camera when walking in the zero gravity areas, takes a bit to get used to...
  8. jayedub7423

Star Trek

I belive it's because the black hole originates from the center of the ship, so both sides are being pulled in to itself. And yes, if a drop can kill a sun, then whose idea was it to make enough to wipe out the known universe, lol.
  9. jayedub7423

Star Trek

I thought the movie was great. It had more in common with the tv show than it did with the past movies which was great! Karl Urban was great as McCoy, something I was very worried about. My only complaint was that I wish there was more done with Eric Bana's character, who by the does a great...
  10. jayedub7423

How much RAM do you have?

I am currently running 4gbs with Vista x64. I am interested in the results of your test Don!
  11. jayedub7423

Dual core vs. quad core

If you are looking to future proof your system, then go with quad core. Honestly for gaming I don't see the need for quad core yet. Games are finally taking advantage of multicore now, so upgrading from my dual core now seems overkill.
  12. jayedub7423

Polanski's Macbeth

I think I've seen this before. Is this the one where it starts off with some guys riding down to a battlefield, and some guy start bashing some dude on the ground with a huge flail? If it is, than it's the version I watched back in high school in my Shakespeare class!
  13. jayedub7423

Game Reviewers are Lazy

I actually like Too Human, so I suspect that is part of the reason why I had my initial reaction. But you're correct about the hook aspect of a game. I just started playing through The Force Unleashed, and after less than a couple hours, I already had the feeling that I was not going to like...
  14. jayedub7423

Game Reviewers are Lazy

I know that this is an old thread, but I had a thought just recently, and that is how long should one play a game before giving a review. Recently I was listening to a podcast from the Australian Gamer, and one of the topics was the game Too Human. The two hosts stated that they have not...
  15. jayedub7423

Game Reviewers are Lazy

I think that reading more than one review is needed these days. I find that sometimes one review will touch on something that another review doesn't, and vice-versa. Really helps to give you a broader picture of the game.
  16. jayedub7423

Game Reviewers are Lazy

I have wondered sometimes when reading a review in a magazine if the reviewer actually played the same game I did. I actually worked for a publisher once for little over a month a long while back, and the head of marketing actually told me that he believes that most reviews found in...
  17. jayedub7423

NY Senate Passes Video Game Bill 61-1

I am all for game ratings and enforcement of those ratings. What I am not in favor of is censorship of games in order to make them kiddy friendly.
  18. jayedub7423

Server and Comms Up

Very cool, I will check it out.
  19. jayedub7423

Trying to decide on a 360

I dont have a Wii, and I dont like the Wii, so I cant give you advice there. But, I do own a 360, so maybe I can help there. I would go for the pro bundle, it comes with two games, a 20gig hdd, the headset, wireless controller, and composit cables that can be used for standard a/v tv sets...
  20. jayedub7423

The Mist

Ahh, interesting, thanks for the hint. I'm not much into King's stuff either, but something about this movie has me interested. Maybe it's a curiosity of what's in the mist!